Official 2005 Chicago Snow Storm thread

Brian

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
yea, we barely got snow at all. i was so surprised when my parents told me they had like 10 in. already on the ground, with more coming

we spoke too soon

coming down now....hard.

where are you living hagar?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
You wimps.  You act like a foot of snow is a lot :rolly  ;)

LOL

How’s Michigan? We have a lot of wind over here. Very very strong and dangerous. Hasn’t stopped snowing all morning long.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
Its windy as hell right now.  They are talking about another 6 inches of lake effect.

I thought so. It’s best to stay inside unless you really have to go outside. There’s a lot of activities indoors, like spamming at Soxtalk.com. ;)

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 06:09 PM)
Sun finally came out here and looks like we are clear. Windy as hell, though. Creates drifts after I snowblowed the driveway.

Yeah the wind at my house is awful. We didn't even bother snowblowing our driveway because it will just be blown over. The tracks I made going to church tonight were gone by the time I got home. I guess I'm just going to have to get up early tomorrow and hope the wind has died down.

I don't know how much snow we got here (upstate NY), but it was enough to reach onto my car doors.

And, I know that as an enviromentalist I shouldn't say this, but: FRIGGIN SALT PEOPLE! The roads are disgusting here, SALT THEM.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
We got about 10-12" here (south Chicago near Alsip).  I shoveled 3 times yesterday and then gave up.  My back is killing me, but I will probably go and tackle the rest in an hour or so.

Hey QP, i didn't know you lived around alsip?

Do you live in the mt. greenwood area or something?

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
Yeah, plenty o' snow here.

I heard that in North Carolina they got like 1 inch of snow, and the kids had to stay locked down in school, and the parents couldn't get to the school!  ROFL!

That's funny? :huh