Illinois/Wisconson predictions

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
Well that sucks.... :lol:

IU's 37th in the CBS one, and 86th in yours.  That's a HUGE difference.

I think a lot of sites modify their formulas from the original RPI, such as CBS Sportsline.

I've been following this site (Kenpom) for about 4 years now, it never goes a day without an update and is pretty much dead on with all of its information.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
One more thing I want to add, everyone needs to just quit getting so defensive and just talk hoops.

Illinois is a great team, I've said it many times, I just don't believe in awarding anything at the end of January.

I love talking hoops with you Illini fans, you're damn passionate that's for sure.

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Should be interesting next Tuesday.

You'll see passion then.

On a sidenote: We need to blow out MSU, just so I don't have a damn heart attack.

I was shaking so hard last night, I thought I was gonna s*** me pants.

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
Ehh... 16 may be a strecth because I only said that because of my friend, but if you wanna go spread with it im down

Thought so.

We'll see what the spread is first.

16 may be a stretch indeed, as I envision a close game, especially at the Bres.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
One more thing I want to add, everyone needs to just quit getting so defensive and just talk hoops.

Illinois is a great team, I've said it many times, I just don't believe in awarding anything at the end of January.

I love talking hoops with you Illini fans, you're damn passionate that's for sure.

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

this thread went to hell but your posts definitely made it readable again. :cheers

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)
Thought so.

We'll see what the spread is first.

16 may be a stretch indeed, as I envision a close game, especially at the Bres.

haha AT MSU 16 is a stretch...

I only say that because my friend likes to IM with "MSU by 16" and sign off before I can respond...

I imagine the spread will be Illinois by 4-7

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
this thread went to hell but your posts definitely made it readable again.  :cheers

I appreciate well thought posts which take some time, instead of bickering and arguing over who is better.

Nothing was ever decided on a damn message board, let the games be played on the court and we'll analyze here of course.

All I can say is that for everyone who is sleeping on the Big 10 this year as a whole, I think they're sadly mistaken.

To me the conference is pretty damn strong overall, with the best team in the land and capable teams such as MSU, Wisconsin, Iowa and even Minny and IU at times.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
I appreciate well thought posts which take some time, instead of bickering and arguing over who is better.

Nothing was ever decided on a damn message board, let the games be played on the court and we'll analyze here of course.

All I can say is that for everyone who is sleeping on the Big 10 this year as a whole, I think they're sadly mistaken.

To me the conference is pretty damn strong overall, with the best team in the land and capable teams such as MSU, Wisconsin, Iowa and even Minny and IU at times.

even dickie v. mentioned how the big 10 is on the upswing again during last night's game

Now that's telling you something

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
even dickie v. mentioned how the big 10 is on the upswing again during last night's game

Now that's telling you something

I don't think it was ever down really, if everyone got their head out of the ACC's ass, they'd realize that perhaps the best ball in the land is played in the Big 10.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
I don't think it was ever down really, if everyone got their head out of the ACC's ass, they'd realize that perhaps the best ball in the land is played in the Big 10.

I think its clear the ACC owns the Big 10

but I do agree the Big 10 doesnt get enough credit

One thing I thought would be cool would be for everyone to list their "power 4," in other words, who everyone has as their top 4 teams right now in terms of NCAA seeding.

Mine would go.

Illinois

Duke

North Carolina

Boston College/Wake Forest

I think if Kentucky wins out, which they could in the SEC, they have an excellent shot at joining the frey, as much as I hate them.

Objectively the ACC is still better. Overrated to begin the year yes, but it is still a better conference right now than it comes to basketball than the Big 10. But about 4 years ago during MSU's run the Big 10 was the best conference all around with very good Illinois, Ohio State, Indiana, and Wisconsin teams.

last year it definitely was....can't really argue with that. 3 teams in the tourney.

I'd still say the ACC is the best conference, but the big 10 does deserve a little more respect

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 07:22 PM)
I think that's pretty clear as of right now Ill, Duke, UNC go 1.2.3.

Then I would have to go BC @ 4 just because you can't discredit a team that hasn't lost.

I doubt that's how the top 4 end up though.

you can't really argue with that right now.

Illinois

Duke

NC

BC

WHEN Boston college does lose, wake gets in.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
One thing I thought would be cool would be for everyone to list their "power 4," in other words, who everyone has as their top 4 teams right now in terms of NCAA seeding.

Mine would go.

Illinois

Duke

North Carolina

Boston College/Wake Forest

I think if Kentucky wins out, which they could in the SEC, they have an excellent shot at joining the frey, as much as I hate them.

In terms of seeding I think you have to go Illinois, Duke, BC, and then Wake over NC because they won head to head.

So, if Illinois beats Minny at Assembly Hall they should be unanimous in both polls, should've been this week but there was 1 dukie in the AP poll. I wonder if that's another first for Illini basketball.

It's pretty amazing that Illinois is having this kind of year during the celebration of their 100th year of basketball.