Konerko -

SouthSideScraper

you are very correct about that, they are much more injury prone, and Paulie has been a consistent player whilest they have been out for periods of time.  I think he is more valuable than them

Yep 2nd half of 02 and 2003 sure proved that

Give me Delgado any day of the week over paulie,

Paulie is so slow he got throw out on a walk!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 09:15 AM)
I like how Richie got hurt once and now he's injury prone.  As long as something happens once makes you prone, then Paulie is .230 prone.

I could be wrong, but didn't Sexson hurt his shoulder... come back, then hurt the shoulder again? I too would say Sexson is a player that may be injury prone.

Sexson hurt his shoulder , but it was just a reinjuring. He opted against surgery and just went with rest and rehab and was back in weeks. Then he felt pain on a check-swing and then shut it down and went with surgery. I don't think this qualifies as a Girffey Jr. situation. It's funny how people are braggin about how great are team is after remodeling with the losses of Carlos Lee and Maggs Ordonez but they draw the line for loyalty at Pop up Paulie.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
He already said he wants to stay on the Sox, and isn't looking to break the bank.

I've heard that before, most recently with Magglio. He liked the Sox and felt comfortable in the city. He didn't like the $14 mill. for 5 years he was offered.

Bob

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 09:22 AM)
Yep 2nd half of 02 and 2003 sure proved that

Give me Delgado any day of the week over paulie,

Paulie is so slow he got throw out on a walk!

Paulie more valuable, not only because he is more durable, but also because he is a better fielder than both 1b's. And he will be cheaper than delgado, hands down.

His attitude is also more influential on the attitude of this team than anyone we could bring in to replace him.

Give me Paulie over any of these guys any days of the week. And definatley over a ten foot long signature

A few months ago someone had made a pretty good suggestion for PK. The Sox should give him a decent offer now to see where he stands with the organization. If it's a "reasonable" offer & he declines its, maybe we can make a move before July 31st to pull some add'l talent our way. If he's not looking to stay on the South Side and wants a cash grab, let him go. KW & Ozzie seem content with Gload anyway. However if he signs, that's good for the Sox. I don't believe we need blazing speed on 1B & Konerko can put up numbers (...well at least last year he did).

20-25/3. That's his maximum value.

A 17 Lee, Carlos CHW R 103R 180H 31HR 99RBI 11SB 54W 310TB 591AB .891 OPS

A 18 Konerko, Paul CHW R 84R 156H 41HR 117RBI 1SB 69W 301TB 563AB .894 OPS

Lee is a much better runner so he's able to stretch more 2Bers.

Koney's a better HR hitter so he's able to get more RBI's.

Overall they compare favorably to one another.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 05:55 PM)
Since we, you know, play at home half the time I wouldn't think it really matters.

I was making the point that Konerko is a product of USCF, whereas Lee puts up the same numbers on the road and home. Therefore I wouldn't say they "compare favorably" to each other.

i really wouldnt mind seeing Konerko go unless we get an extremely good deal on him. He is a nice guy to have around the clubhouse and all and he will hit you HR's but in my eyes he is worth 6-7 million at most and he already getting paid more than that. I really wouldnt mind if he was traded mid-season or at the end of the season through free agency. It will be nice to have a player leave on good terms for once too.

QUOTE(ShySox72 @ Jan 28, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
A few months ago someone had made a pretty good suggestion for PK.  The Sox should give him a decent offer now to see where he stands with the organization.  If it's a "reasonable" offer & he declines its, maybe we can make a move before July 31st to pull some add'l talent our way.  If he's not looking to stay on the South Side and wants a cash grab, let him go.  KW & Ozzie seem content with Gload anyway.  However if he signs, that's good for the Sox.  I don't believe we need blazing speed on 1B & Konerko can put up numbers (...well at least last year he did).

I think I saw that in the tribune a while ago, maybe Phil Rogers. Anyways, I pretty much agree with that still. I would stick with him up to about 26/3. We need his power and run production, and I agree that he is definitely a good clubhouse guy. However, he is just sooo slow. They are so station to station with him on base that I think anything more than a small raise would be a mistake.