The Guilford Colege shot

I'm sure everyone has seen the Guilford miracle shot by now, it was 5 of the top 10 on ESPN's plays yesterday. The one where the kid with .6 seconds left got the rebound and fired the ball 90 feet and made it to win the game. Well here is a post about more amazement from that. Its from InsideCarolina.com's message boards.

"i'm sure by now everyone who watches ESPN has seen the footage of the Guilford College player getting the missed free throw in a game last night, .6 seconds left, team down by 1, and he throws a football-type pass the entire length of the court that swishes to win the game. It was on ESPN's Top 10 plays as # 9, 7, 5, 3, and 1. They kept showing it over and over it was so remarkable.

Well, Channel 2 in Greensboro went out to Guilford College to interview him tonight live, and gave him 16 balls to see if he could do it again.

He hit the backboard a couple of times, came mighty close with a couple more that were on line, missed badly a couple of times, but then amazingly, on throw # 15, he threw it and while it was on the way - and he hadn't said anything on any of the others - he said "that's in", and darned if it didn't swish, like the one last night. The reporter was stunned. It was unbelievable. (He declined to throw the 16th ball, saying "I've got to quit on that one.") It was 100% legit.

The guy is a former baseball player and football quarterback.

Anyway, if anyone is in an area that gets Channel 2 (WFMY), watch tonight's 11:00 news. I am sure they will rebroadcast that.

I know it's not UNC b-ball but we report on other teams' stuff form time to time and this is pretty amazing. Definitely ESPY-material. "

Thats just crazy, I've tried that shot many, many times in my life, I can hit quite a few from halfcourt with regular shooting form, but I've never made it from 90 feet.