Addy's Mock Draft

#1 San Francisco-Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal

After looking at the depth chart, the Niners realize they need the QB of the future, the face of the organization. Rodgers has both the skill and heart to do just that.

#2 Miami-Cedric Benson, RB, Texas

Meet Mr. Reliable. Benson brings it each and every week. He's the workhorse this team was praying for since the departure of Ricky.

#3 Cleveland-Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami

The signing of Coach Crennel was just the first step in a long process to make the Browns a defensive-minded team. Rolle is lockdown.

#4 Chicago-Mike Williams, WR, ex-USC

Angelo gets his man. Ultimately, Angelo realizes Williams brings more to the table than Edwards. Here's the playmaker the Bears have been lacking for the last 5 years. Williams will establish himself as a top WR in two years time.

#5 Tampa Bay-Carnell Williams, RB, Auburn

Coach Gruden fell in love with Williams at the Senior Bowl and has been singing his prasies ever since.

#6 Tennessee-Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas

The top prospect on my board goes to the Titans with pick #6.

#7 Oakland-Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn

The Raiders, desperate for a running game, get arguably the best RB on the board.

#8 Arizona-Alex Smith, QB, Utah

Coach Green gets his quarterback at pick #8. McCown is clearly not the answer and Green drafts the new face of the new-look Cardinals.

#9 Washington-Dan Cody, DE, Okla

Take your pick of DEs, one will be headed to Washington.

#10 Detroit-Thomas Davis, FS/SS, GU

Brings instant credibility to the Lions secondary.

#11 Dallas-Justin Tuck, DE, ND

A Parcells man if ever there was one.

#12 San Diego (from NYG)-Braylon Edwards, WR, Mich

The Chargers get a fantastic talent in Edwards; you're welcome Drew Brees.

#13 Houston-Alex Barron, OT, FSU

Finally, David Carr has some protection. Barron should help those sack totals tremendously.

#14 Carolina-Jammal Brown, OT, Okla

Coach Fox loves his o-line. Having seen Barron drafted one pick earlier, the Panthers are compelled to draft the big OT.

#15 Kansas City-Adam "Pac Man" Jones

Its a no-brainer.

#16 New Orleans-Justin Miller, CB, Clemson

Love this kid. He'll be great for the Saints.

#17 Cincinnati-David Pollack, DE, GU

This is a tough pick to call. Its a toss-up, personally, I think the Bengals can't pass up this talent at #17.

#18 Minnesota-Anttaj Hawthorne, DT, Wisconsin

Hovan's expected departure creates a whole at DT.

#19 St. Louis-Erasmus James, DE, Wisc

Let's face it, the Rams are going to need some help on D and James has the potential to be a very dangerous pass rusher.

#20 Dallas (from Bills)-Mark Clayton, WR, Okla

Clayton is first-round material and will look great in a Cowboys uniform.

#21 Jacksonville-Marcus Spears, DE, LSU

Yet another DE; noticing a pattern?

#22 Baltimore-Troy Williamson, WR, South Carolina

Who? Yeah, Troy Williamson. He's a great fit for the Ravens.

#23 Seattle-Channing Crowder, LB, Florida

Seattle gets a great talent in Crowder; he'll be a premier LB in the NFL.

#24 Green Bay-Shaun Cody, DE, USC

The Packers decided to wait until round two for the heir apparent and go for defense in round one.

#25 Denver-Travis Johnson, DT, FSU

Provides a nice presence up the middle. Good player still on the board.

#26 NY Jets-Heath Miller, TE, Va

Great hands for a big man. Offensive weapon.

#27 Atlanta-Khalif Barnes, OT, Wash

Amazing potential as a pass-blocker. Vick's going to need it, his sack totals are not pretty.

#28 San Diego-Matt Roth, DE, Iowa

Some Hawkeye love for the Soxtalk Iowa fans.

#29 Indianapolis-Marlin Jackson, CB, Mich

One of my favorite players on the board. He'll help the Colts D dramaticly.

#30 Pittsburgh-Alex Smith, TE, Stanford

Disappointed that Miller was taken, the Steelers look to Smith, a very talented TE.

#31 Philadelphia-Kevin Burnett, LB, Tennessee

Not many wholes on this team, but they could use some help at LB.

#32 New England-Bryant McFadden, CB, FSU

O-VER-RA-TED. Doesn't really matter though, does it? Its the Pats.

All picks subject to change.

Let's hear some feedback fellas!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Cowboys fan, there's no way I can see us taking Tuck at 11. I don't even see Merriman in the 1st round, and the Cowboys are pretty hot on him, especially if they move to a 3-4. I'd also think they'd be very interested in a big DT like Hawthorne. And there's no way Rolle gets taken at #3. CB's won't be taken that high nowadays because they can't be difference makers with the new rules about no contact after 5 yards.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 04:13 AM)
As a Cowboys fan, there's no way I can see us taking Tuck at 11. I don't even see Merriman in the 1st round, and the Cowboys are pretty hot on him, especially if they move to a 3-4. I'd also think they'd be very interested in a big DT like Hawthorne. And there's no way Rolle gets taken at #3. CB's won't be taken that high nowadays because they can't be difference makers with the new rules about no contact after 5 yards.

Cleveland needs help in the secondary.

If its not Rolle, which IMHO, it will be, it will be an impact defensive talent.

As for the Boys, in my estimation, Parcells will be drafting a defensive lineman with that first pick. Have your pick of DEs or DTs like Hawthorne or Shawne Merriman, things will be fuzzy until combines.

With so many talented DEs, its hard projecting who goes where. After watching some film on Tuck, and reading how high the scouts are on him, I think he would fit right in Dallas' defensive schemes.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
Cleveland needs help in the secondary.

If its not Rolle, which IMHO, it will be, it will be an impact defensive talent.

As for the Boys, in my estimation, Parcells will be drafting a defensive lineman with that first pick.  Have your pick of DEs or DTs like Hawthorne or Shawne Merriman, things will be fuzzy until combines.

With so many talented DEs, its hard projecting who goes where.  After watching some film on Tuck, and reading how high the scouts are on him, I think he would fit right in Dallas' defensive schemes.

Dont count out one of the QB's

Crennel is the new man there, what he wants will most likely happen and if he feels they need a future signal caller then it prolly will be done

QUOTE(Mr. X @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
Dont count out one of the QB's

Crennel is the new man there, what he wants will most likely happen and if he feels they need a future signal caller then it prolly will be done

No doubt.

Alex Smith is a very good possibility, but I have to think they'll be going defense in round one.

Again, if Smith impresses at combines, they may realize its time to lock up the QB of the future.

Crennel is a DC, so in his first draft I doubt he goes out of his own speciality especially since poor first round choices can spell the end of a coach (see Belichek's days coaching the Browns).

My guess is that the Browns select Derrick Johnson, and then if they want go secondary in 2nd round. (Guy like Shazor could be there at the second round pick)

Dallas from all accounts Ive seen is switching to a 3-4, most Dallas fans have a hard on for Merriman at 11, let alone that you do not even have him being picked in the first round at all.

Washington has been said to be looking at a WR at their pick, going after whoever the Bears pass on.

After the first 15 or so picks, its really up in the air because I do not think many teams see a huge difference between the 16th player selected and around the 45 player selected.

SB

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 01:03 PM)
Crennel is a DC, so in his first draft I doubt he goes out of his own speciality especially since poor first round choices can spell the end of a coach (see Belichek's days coaching the Browns).

My guess is that the Browns select Derrick Johnson, and then if they want go secondary in 2nd round. (Guy like Shazor could be there at the second round pick)

Dallas from all accounts Ive seen is switching to a 3-4, most Dallas fans have a hard on for Merriman at 11, let alone that you do not even have him being picked in the first round at all.

Washington has been said to be looking at a WR at their pick, going after whoever the Bears pass on.

After the first 15 or so picks, its really up in the air because I do not think many teams see a huge difference between the 16th player selected and around the 45 player selected.

SB

If Shawne Merriman is drafted by Dalls, it won't be pick #11. He'll remain on the board until pick #20. That is the luxury of having two first round selections.

Merriman will not last until 20.

Ive seen mocks (GBN) that have Detriot taking him at 10.

As for Crennel, that is just my opinion on what he will do. If I was a defensive oriented coach I would not start my career drafting an offensive guy.

He may not agree, but I think that you can get some valuable Qb's later on (2nd round etc), where as Johnson or Rolle are immediate impact players.

SB

I can't see the Cowboys drafting a DE with Marcellous Wiley and Greg Ellis already on the team. Ellis had a very nice year and Wiley is still getting alot of money while having a down year. With Laroi Glover already in the middle I think the Cowboys will focus on CB with one pick and possibly a QB/Impact WR/ or LB with the other pick.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 09:20 AM)
I can't see the Cowboys drafting a DE with Marcellous Wiley and Greg Ellis already on the team. Ellis had a very nice year and Wiley is still getting alot of money while having a down year. With Laroi Glover already in the middle I think the Cowboys will focus on CB with one pick and possibly a QB/Impact WR/ or LB with the other pick.

Wiley's going to get cut, that's almost 100% certain, especially after his comments after the season. Parcells has already stated he won't be using a high pick on a CB, and I hope he's right, I think they'll go after Anthony Henry the Browns CB, especially since we signed Cleveland's secondry coach (who has a very good reputation by the way). If we got Merriman and Hawthorne in the 1st round, I'd be very happy, but I wouldn't mind a WR either if either Williams or Edwards fell to us.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
Wiley's going to get cut, that's almost 100% certain, especially after his comments after the season. Parcells has already stated he won't be using a high pick on a CB, and I hope he's right, I think they'll go after Anthony Henry the Browns CB, especially since we signed Cleveland's secondry coach (who has a very good reputation by the way). If we got Merriman and Hawthorne in the 1st round, I'd be very happy, but I wouldn't mind a WR either if either Williams or Edwards fell to us.

I doubt that either Williams or Edwards falls all the way to 11th, they should go in the top 9. The Bears will take one of them and possibly Washington will take the other.

Thats interesting about Wiley and the CB situation. Henry is a decent CB, but I think the Cowboys can do better in this draft which is very loaded with CB's. Then again I have never been impressed with Terrance Newman either. Being that I usually root for my Texas teams outside of my favorite teams overall, I'm hoping Derrick Johnson slides down to 11. But I think Merriman is a good player and would be a good choice.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
Thats interesting about Wiley and the CB situation. Henry is a decent CB, but I think the Cowboys can do better in this draft which is very loaded with CB's. Then again I have never been impressed with Terrance Newman either. Being that I usually root for my Texas teams outside of my favorite teams overall, I'm hoping Derrick Johnson slides down to 11. But I think Merriman is a good player and would be a good choice.

If Hawthorne or Merriman aren't on the board @ #20, ideally I'd love the Boys to do a trade down like they did with the Bills last year, but whether a team's going to do that again I don't think so. That way, then they can possibly select a corner with one of their 2 2nd round picks. We also don't have a 3rd since we gave it up for Henson. Derrick Johnson would be an excellent pick at #11 as well, but he could go top 5 depending on combine results in 2 weeks.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
I think this Mike Williams to the BEars thing is highly unlikely and really just fan site talk. I think I'd say that Braylon is three timse more likely than Mike to be taken. That said,  it should surprise no one in CHicago if they trade down or draft more defense.

The Bears will not draft a defensive player with the 4th pick.

Mike Williams will be drafted by the Bears if he kicks ass in the combine.

Braylon Edwards right now is the Bears pick but only for now and only because of Mike Williams high 40 time.

The Bears could very well trade down and pick up a few more picks, just because Angelo loves getting as many players as he can out of a draft. I think it is more likely that the Bears keep the #4 pick.

As of right now the Bears will draft a WR with the 4th pick in the draft.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
I would hope they go wr, but I have heard/read where Angelo might pick another defensive player.  Not that anyone would agree with that or anything

IMHO the only way he picks another defensive player is if he trades down and ends up with 2 first round picks. Then he might take a defensive player with one of the picks.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
I think this Mike Williams to the BEars thing is highly unlikely and really just fan site talk. I think I'd say that Braylon is three timse more likely than Mike to be taken. That said,  it should surprise no one in CHicago if they trade down or draft more defense.

How can you say its unlikely?

People forget how talented Williams is. If he can put together the type of combine he is capable of, he'll be off the board at pick #4.

If he doesn't have a solid combine, or Angelo isn't completely sold on him, then I think you'll see the Bears trade down before they'd take Edwards at #4.

He's the top prospect on many analyists' boards.

My justification for the selction of Mike Williams:

Williams' size is a matchup nightmare for defenders. At 6'5, 228, Williams is one of the finest physical specimens in the entire draft. In just two seasons at USC, he is the school's all time leader in touchdown receptions at 30, and fourth on the all-time recpetion list with at 176. You'll be hard pressed to find an athletic big-man like him in the all of college football.

Mike held a workout last year for NFL scouts and was very, very impressive. Checking in at 6'4 5/8" and 228 pounds, he posted a 4.56 40 time and a 37" vertical. With his overpowering size and jumping ability, he'll win 9 times out of 10 in a one-on-one situation with an often smaller defender. That said, I've yet to talk about his most impressive attribute: his hands. I have yet to find in all my college notes a WR with better hands than Mike Williams. He never...and I mean never...drops catchable balls. When compared to Braylon Edwards, Williams hands are off the chart.

The only real knock on this kid is his lack of pure, deep speed. However, that is something you can live with when you consider what he brings to the table. I've seen him compared to a much bigger Cris Carter. The guy is an absolute terror in the red zone, he has an amazing work ethic, and he still possesses a tremendous upside.

BLUECHIP. That's it, that's all there is to it. He's the most NFL ready reciever I've seen come out since Randy Moss.

Did I mention is 37" veritcal?

You rank Mike Williams above...

Fitzgerald and Roy Wiliams of 2004

Carlos Rogers and Andre Johnson of 2003

I would say all 4 of those guys would have been drafted higher than M. Williams, last year he was ranked below both Fitz and Roy.

Also think barring Williams running a sub 4.5 and Edwards running a plus 4.5 that Edwards will be drafted first.

I like Williams, probably would draft him over Edwards, but I do not think that is the general consensus.

SB