Yeeeehawl...

kapkomet

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
Congrats Kap!!

Btw, DBAHO aren't you supposed to say "good on ya" to Kap  :P

I could say a lot of things to Kap quite frankly. I'll just chuck a shrimp on the barby to celebrate instead.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 01:29 AM)
And crack open a tall cool Fosters :drink

Spot on mate! ;)

Nah I thought I'd leave one just for you. If I ever get my ass to Chicago someday, I'm going to have to shout you one, after all the Fosters jokes we've cracked. :cheers

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 08:41 AM)
Nah I thought I'd leave one just for you. If I ever get my ass to Chicago someday, I'm going to have to shout you one, after all the Fosters jokes we've cracked.  :cheers

Fosters I can handle... just as long as it isn't vegimite :puke

If you ever get up here the ticket is on me. BTW did you ever decide on going to school up here for a semester?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)
Fosters I can handle... just as long as it isn't vegimite :puke

If you ever get up here the ticket is on me.  BTW did you ever decide on going to school up here for a semester?

I was almost all set to study up at the Uniersity of Massachusetts Amherst, but unfortunately they wouldn't accept any of the subjects I was going to do up there (because of the different accounting standards etc.), so I wasn't able to go. Right now, I'm looking for some part time work in the city, but if I don't get any, I'll be ready to graduate at the end of 2006, hopefully I'll have passed every subject. So I might make my way up there in early 2007 for SoxFest perhaps, after that, I don't know what's going to happen.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
Well, as my mom taught me, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all! ;)

Seriously though, good luck and make that company better!

We had some pretty interesting discussions about that kind of thing in the interview process. Each region has its difficulties. The Dallas region is actually one of their better ones.

I could see me end up in someplace like Chicago, God Forbid... as a director level person. Now that would be just my luck. :banghead

:P

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
FINALLY I got a new job opportunity today.

:)

It's sure a relief.  Now comes the resignation from my current company, which is sure to be ugly.

Sweet. :cheers I was out of work for about eight months (by choice... I hated my old job) and didn't find a good one until a couple weeks ago. The market is terrible right now and I've seen a lot of other people struggle as well (especially at the Master's/Ph.D. level).

BTW, great cartoon. Being the owner of two cats, I can definitely relate. :lol:

Edited by TheBigHurt35

People with master's degrees face a really tough environment. You want to get paid for your investment and most places don't want to do that. They want the masters but they have come to just expect it and not pay people for it.

I can definitely relate to that.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 14, 2005 -> 01:55 AM)
People with master's degrees face a really tough environment.  You want to get paid for your investment and most places don't want to do that.  They want the masters but they have come to just expect it and not pay people for it.

I can definitely relate to that.

I don't think I'll be going for my masters in the next few years. Ideally, I'd like to graduate early (unless I can get some part - time work), and get my ass working in a good company, hopefully somewhere nice in the States.