Ha ha

lvjeremylv

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(poorme @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
his name was pudge because he had the build of a brick s***house, not because he was fat.

pudge, n. a short, fat person.

The guy had some fat on him, it's not so wierd or difficult to lose 22 lbs. in the off season and it sure as Eff doesn't mean he was juicing. Maybe he was, but a 22 lb. weight loss on a pudgy guy is not evidence.

This one is silly, gotta go.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)
pudge, n. a short, fat person.

The guy had some fat on him, it's not so wierd or difficult to lose 22 lbs. in the off season and it sure as Eff doesn't mean he was juicing. Maybe he was, but a 22 lb. weight loss on a pudgy guy is not evidence.

This one is silly, gotta go.

Yes, because all nicknames are given due to the dictionary's definition. Come on, he was just named in a steroid scandal, and somehow lost 22lbs. He is an athlete first and foremost and was never fat, he obviously lost some bulk as well, because when you lose weight, you dont just lose fat. When you lose fat you gain muscle and dont necessarily lose weight. He was juicing, accept it

QUOTE(poorme @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)

Going by the "eye test", Pudge looks like he's off them. Pudge doesn't look like he's lost weight. He looks like a new person. Once these guys start looking normal after looking like "gladiators" and wrestler for years, anyone has to wonder.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
Yeah, it just took a while for me to understand that a guy nicknamed 'Pudge' has always been very lean, my bad.

No one ever said lean. I don't believe I ever once made that claim. However, he was not fat either. Being pudgy and being fat are totally different. If you think he was as fat as Lyle Alzado, Jason Giambi, and Hulk Hogan then I really believe you need an eye test. None of those guys were ever cut up and all had bellies. All are also admitted steroid users. So your claim that steroids make you more cut and not fat is way off base. Get over it.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
No one ever said lean. I don't believe I ever once made that claim. However, he was not fat either. Being pudgy and being fat are totally different. If you think he was as fat as Lyle Alzado, Jason Giambi, and Hulk Hogan then I really believe you need an eye test. None of those guys were ever cut up and all had bellies. All are also admitted steroid users. So your claim that steroids make you more cut and not fat is way off base. Get over it.

If I remember correctly Alzado wasn't as fat while he was playing, shortly after retired he got real fat, then became sick and withered away. Hulk Hogan also wrestled til he was like 45, he might still be wrestling actually, so of course by then he was looking like crap. Yes, I bet Pudge is fatter than Giambi. Name a young guy on roids who is fat? Now once you go OFF of them, you do become a fat ass. The real point here is that this steroid thing is a witch hunt now. People are assuming things based on speculation, none of us knows for sure. Did Pudge use roids? Maybe, but I can't say for sure based on looking at him, or because he lost 22lbs.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 22, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
22 lbs. in 4 1/2 months is really not THAT tough to do.

That's like 22 lbs. divided by 18 weeks= 1.22 lbs. per week.

That's not shocking weight loss people. In those pics it looks like he kept the muscle and shed all the pudge.

Thats the point, you cant just shed the pudge. You gain mass and weight in mustle if you are going to work out that hard. Unless he didnt eat. And if that is the case, that he was just shedding weight, then he lost alot of muscle as well. Because muscle weighs more than fat.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
If I remember correctly Alzado wasn't as fat while he was playing, shortly after retired he got real fat, then became sick and withered away. Hulk Hogan also wrestled til he was like 45, he might still be wrestling actually, so of course by then he was looking like crap.  Yes, I bet Pudge is fatter than Giambi. Name a young guy on roids who is fat? Now once you go OFF of them, you do become a fat ass. The real point here is that this steroid thing is a witch hunt now.  People are assuming things based on speculation, none of us knows for sure. Did Pudge use roids?  Maybe, but I can't say for sure based on looking at him, or because he lost 22lbs.

Your kidding right? Giambi became fat and bloated when HE GOT ON them. Last year he as off and became thin. Hulk Hogan was never ripped and cut like you claim. I believe he was in his prime in Rocky III, rent the movie and check him out. He has a belly. He is a bit bloated. Lyle Alzado was not thin when he played and did not get real fat after he retired. He was built but had a belly. These are the same body types as Pudge. Not cut, but strong with a pudgy belly. I am not saying he is on roids either, but at the same time roids does not make you cut like you claim. It makes you bloated and can give you a belly. Giambi, Hulk Hogan, and Lyle Alzado are all prime examples of this. All of them took steroids in their prime. Canseco even wrote in his book that you get bloated from steroids, especially if you are taking too much. Once you get off them you usually get thinner, not fatter. Especially if you are an athlete that works out at the rate these athletes do. I really don't know where you are getting your information from.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 04:18 AM)
Your kidding right? Giambi became fat and bloated when HE GOT ON them. Last year he as off and became thin. Hulk Hogan was never ripped and cut like you claim. I believe he was in his prime in Rocky III, rent the movie and check him out. He has a belly. He is a bit bloated. Lyle Alzado was not thin when he played and did not get real fat after he retired. He was built but had a belly. These are the same body types as Pudge. Not cut, but strong with a pudgy belly. I am not saying he is on roids either, but at the same time  roids does not make you cut like you claim. It makes you bloated and can give you a belly. Giambi, Hulk Hogan, and Lyle Alzado are all prime examples of this. All of them took steroids in their prime. Canseco even wrote in his book that you get bloated from steroids, especially if you are taking too much. Once you get off them you usually get thinner, not fatter. Especially if you are an athlete that works out at the rate these athletes do. I really don't know where you are getting your information from.

I pulled up pics of those guys from their playing days and after and from personal trainers and guys who I know and see 4 times a week at the gym both on and off juice. Most guys I've seen go off their cycle turn soft and fatty, some turn into a big, fat globby mess. We must have different ideas of fat, pudgy and lean. :huh

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
I pulled up pics of those guys from their playing days and after and from personal trainers and guys who I know and see 4 times a week at the gym both on and off juice.    Most guys I've seen go off their cycle turn soft and fatty, some turn into a big, fat globby mess. We must have different ideas of fat, pudgy and lean. :huh

If you seriously think that Giambi looks fatter now and last year than when he was on that stuff then you really need glasses. Obviously I can't bring up Hulk Hogan or Lyle Alzado any longer because it seems as though you have no idea who the hell I am talking about. I don't know if you are too young to know them or what. Your statement that steroids makes you more cut and leaner than when your not on them is totally false.

Here are a couple quotes I have found that will help you understand a little better.

"Steroids cause extreme bloating because they create an imbalance of chemicals in the body and to regain that balance the body holds water. This extra fluid raises the blood pressure and could cause strokes and heart-attacks."

"Now one of the well-known side affects and culprits of giving off only the appearance of increased muscle mass and size is water retention. Very common for most users but very unwanted because water retention involves bloating of the body, with a build up of water inside the muscles for a short amount of time. This will be lost soon after the termination ofthe cycle with regular exercise and cardiovascular workouts."

Maybe your buddies at the gym don't do any cardio or very little cardio. If that is the case then shame on them. Why would everyone be looking at all the people who lost weight since the past year to determine if the person was on steroids or not? Are you looking for people who have gained weight since last year so you can tell if they used to be taking steroids? Are you seriously doing that? If that is the case then maybe Bartolo Colon has been taking them every year and then gets off of them a month before the season starts because every year he comes back fatter and fatter.

Edited by southsideirish