Ha ha

lvjeremylv

"I felt a little heavy last year behind the plate"... :rolly - you didn't feel heavy before the steroid issue came to the fore-front, though, right? Or before you were implicated in a book by one of your former teammates? :lol: Too funny.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1996273

I'd cut and paste the article below for those whom the link won't work, but I think there are copyright issues or some s***, so I won't bother.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 08:53 AM)
I wonder if he went on the Jurassic Carl diet. Wasn't he feeling a little heavy also?

Meh, I'd raise an eyebrow at Everett's weight loss too if not for 1 thing - he's in a contract year, and he's looking to cash in one more time before he retires, so that is actual motivation to get in shape and play well. But I-Rod trying to play it off saying he felt heavy behind the plate is just a joke.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 09:03 AM)
Boy, I don't think its fair to imply Jurassic was on the juice.

Last year, he was flat-out flabby and out of shape, most likely from being unmotivated in Montreal.

Even Pudge jumping in the middle of the steroid scandel...isn't anyone safe?

why is this in the PH forum? :P  :ph34r:

:P The title of the post tells you what it's about - you didn't have to read it. :nono

And as far as everyone not being safe - Wilson Alvarez being named is about as out of left field as it gets. Although, to me, that gives it more credibility.

Edited by lvjeremylv

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
I wonder if he went on the Jurassic Carl diet. Wasn't he feeling a little heavy also?

Everett was just tubby last year. He had the body of a guy getting older and not making the necessary adjustments to stay lean.

I-Rod had the body of a guy juicing it up, period. Look at the size of the melon on his shoulders last year.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
I know this much.  I lost 23 lbs. in 6 weeks by giving up beer and increasing my intake of water.  That's all I did.  IRod wasn't exactly hitting 500 foot bombs.

You lost 23 pounds??? I;m gonna try that...I already drink a lot of water but I don't drink beer. I want to lose at least 10 lbs before my 1st game (late March.)

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
Drink A LOT of water.

Sure, watch how much you eat (no so much WHAT you eat - IMO how much is more important), exercise some (at least an hour a day - something simple like moderately fast walking will suffice), and drink about a gallon of water a day. I did that over the summer and lost about 15 pounds in 5 or 6 weeks.

QUOTE(cheeses_h_rice @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
Everett was just tubby last year. He had the body of a guy getting older and not making the necessary adjustments to stay lean.

I-Rod had the body of a guy juicing it up, period. Look at the size of the melon on his shoulders last year.

I agree Everett was plain chubby. Ever notice his gut pushing through his jersey whenever he'd step to the plate? Idling on the DL/bench for 80 games will add a few unwanted pounds.

If IROD was suffering through a nagging injury, or following a mediocre season, then shedding 20+ pounds might be understandable. But in the superstitious world of baseball, altering yourself physique after posting .334/.383/.510 will raise questions. I believe Canseco; IROD was roiding.

All around the league, fans are pointing to players on other teams and claiming that guy who lost weight was on the juice; while *my* guy just needed to drop a couple pounds, he was flabby, etc. What's a guy in Minnesota suppose to think about the new slimmer, trimmer Carl. The same guy who was so moody all those seasons? Hmmm. The guy stops working out so hard and gains a few pounds of flab where muscle was and the world has him on the steroids.

QUOTE(lvjeremylv @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 10:47 AM)
"I felt a little heavy last year behind the plate"... :rolly - you didn't feel heavy before the steroid issue came to the fore-front, though, right?  Or before you were implicated in a book by one of your former teammates?  :lol:  Too funny.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1996273

It's Corta Slim or Leptoprin no doubt. Plus a lot of hours in the steam room.