Report: McGwire Linked to Steroids

QUOTE(backman @ Mar 13, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
at least this makes sence, you can see Mcgwire on steroids, whats with congress pulling Schilling in for questioning?

Same situation as Thomas - Schilling has been outspoken against steroids in the past and IMO is being brought in to make the investigation seem more balanced, so it doesn't appear to be a "witch hunt".

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 13, 2005 -> 08:21 AM)
Same situation as Thomas - Schilling has been outspoken against steroids in the past and IMO is being brought in to make the investigation seem more balanced, so it doesn't appear to be a "witch hunt".

Exactly. Also, I think also in consideration is that he two of them have been very vocal about being against steroids which make it seem that they have some sort of knowledge of who was roiding.

I noticed on ESPN bottom line that MLB is negotiating to have some control or input into the questioning of the subpeonaed players. I believe this story about McGwire, hitting when it did, will put Congress into a position where they cannot afford to negotiate away their ability to hit hard. They opened this can of worms, and part of the reason is to give them the opportunity to look, well, congressional. I think things are going to get ugly for MLB and the MLBPA on Thursday. But hell, they s*** in their own nest, so now they have to sit in it.

Edited by YASNY