Austin Bracket

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
How much do I hear about the team?

Hmm considering my Dad has been tight with Izzo since around 1997 and also very tight with Tom Crean for a long time, I'd say I hear a lot.  Guess you were unaware on my background with that, not to be a smart ass or anything.

When I was at IU and Michigan State came to town, I sat right behind the bench with tickets Coach gave me several times.

In 2000, I was there when they won the title.

I've been a Michigan State fan for a long time, mainly due to Izzo.

And my comments about the senior class, well Drew Sharp and Izzo have both ripped them publicly this year and this is probably the first time anyone can say that they haven't been a disappointment.

Sorry to rub you the wrong way by my use of we, but I'm closer to the program than you think.

I consider the college sports different than pro sports. It isn't the same unless you're on campus or at the games. The atmosphere here this week has been crazy...next weekend is going to be awesome. Is anyone else's classes (besides the Illini faihtful here) going to be interupted for classmates who excel on the court (boys and girls)? You didn't go to State, so it can never be the same. Just can't. You're a default fan Aboz, that is it. Your dad's third uncle knows this guys who works at the Denny's who brushed up against Tom Izzo once.

I don't consider Anderson a disappointment. Torbert needed to lead the team to an NCAA Championship to not be a disappointment, easier said than done. Hill though has been a disaapointment, and almost killed us in the first OT.

Well time to go get drunk for the Aggies victory!!! Both boys and girls still alive!!! Did ya know that Aboz? Or do you only follow Izzo?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol thats kind of funny... so because you went/go to the college you are the better fan and know more about the team than someone who likes the team just as much and actually knows the coach? :chair

but than again you must be right, if you dont go to Michigan State how can you know anything about them

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
lol thats kind of funny... so because you went/go to the college you are the better fan and know more about the team than someone who likes the team just as much and actually knows the coach?  :chair

but than again you must be right, if you dont go to Michigan State how can you know anything about them

I didn't say that...I just didn't like him including himself as part of the team.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
I didn't say that...I just didn't like him including himself as part of the team.

That's true, for a minute there I thought he was actually on the team. We can't have that kind of confusion.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)
well the only part of the team are the players and the coach....so whats your point?  Are fans important yes, but i dont see how you count as any more of a fan than someone else does.

So he has been to two games? Even though I go to the games which are here in EL....so I could say because I go to a few games a year for the Sox, I am a bigger Sox fan than Steff and all the season ticket holders?

I also bleed for State...as I have played a DI sport here. I cheer heavily for all the MSU teams, not just pick and choose. If MSU loses, Aboz would be like "aw thats too bad." Me and all my friends would have been pretty crushed.

ok let me try to say this 1 more time. Just because you go to Michigan State doesnt mean you like the team more than someone else. You prob pay attention to all the teams as a whole yes, but we arent talking about them as a whole are we? we are talking about them as only the boys basketball team which you have no idea how much Aboz likes them.

But considering he has been a fan for awhile and knows the coach personally it sounds like he really cares for the team just as much as you.

and as far as the sox comment. Your fandom isnt judged on how many games you go 2. Its judged on how much you love the team.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
ok let me try to say this 1 more time.  Just because you go to Michigan State doesnt mean you like the team more than someone else.  You prob pay attention to all the teams as a whole yes, but we arent talking about them as a whole are we? we are talking about them as only the boys basketball team which you have no idea how much Aboz likes them.

But considering he has been a fan for awhile and knows the coach personally it sounds like he really cares for the team just as much as you.

and as far as the sox comment.  Your fandom isnt judged on how many games you go 2.  Its judged on how much you love the team.

No, I disagree. He is not a Michigan State fan. He is a Michigan State basketball fan, but not a fan of MSU. Does he know any of the [EDIT: basketball history] history? What about the school? Because if this was a White Sox talk right now, he'd be getting it pretty good.

Edited by SuperSteve

I responded to Steve via PM, so I've really got nothing else to say at this point.

You didn't go to State, so it can never be the same. Just can't. You're a default fan Aboz, that is it. Your dad's third uncle knows this guys who works at the Denny's who brushed up against Tom Izzo once.

Those who know me, Jas and Mike particularly, know this particular comment is a joke and ridiculous.

That is all I will say.

Go MSU!

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 28, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
Aboz, i know you're a dedicated fan to all your teams...congrats on the win. I'm a bit late on this, but the past 2 days have been a whirlwind. I was yelling at the TV yesterday for MSU to pull it out.

Hopefully cya in the championship game.

Same to ya, good luck beating Louisville. People around here are caught in buzz over their first final four since 86. Should be a great game between two good teams.