White Sox @ Brewers Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know...  Carlos said all the right things when he left, didn't badmouth the organization or anything.  I don't see where the righteousness comes from.  There's probably more said smugly towards Carlos than Maggs, who b****ed ENDLESSLY after getting his many, many, many millions.  Why???

I'd rather have Carlos than Maggs right now but I still think Carlos has a bit of an attitude problem himself. Who goes after an ex-teammate like that? How could Lee not know that Marte can be a bit wild sometimes, especially when he goes in on everyone?

Hey, I'm all for Iguchi too.

I'm just looking at the 'what if' part of the equation -- what if Iguchi doesn't work out?  Personally, I think Ozuna/Harris might make one hell of a platoon, if it were to come to that (hopefully it won't).  Don't know how well Ozuna has performed vs. lefties in the minors, but it has to be better than what Harris has done in the majors...

Then we all b**** and complain that KW.. Didn't go after the best SS in FA, and move Uribe to 2b.. Cuase if Iguchi goes down.. were screwed.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
Then we all b**** and complain that KW.. Didn't go after the best SS in FA, and move Uribe to 2b.. Cuase if Iguchi goes down.. were screwed.

By all of us, I assume you mean just you.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
I'd rather have Carlos than Maggs right now but I still think Carlos has a bit of an attitude problem himself.  Who goes after an ex-teammate like that?  How could Lee not know that Marte can be a bit wild sometimes, especially when he goes in on everyone?

Well, I don't believe all the 'attitude problem' stuff about Carlos, but that's jmo, and that was already debated ad nauseum. And in this case, if the Brewers' announcers were certain that it was a plunk, I'm not saying they're right, but there's at least some room for doubt (I'm not watching the game). Especially on the first pitch, after a hr, I'd just say that this is a pretty natural misunderstanding.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
I'd rather have Carlos than Maggs right now but I still think Carlos has a bit of an attitude problem himself.  Who goes after an ex-teammate like that? How could Lee not know that Marte can be a bit wild sometimes, especially when he goes in on everyone?

They are just another player once you are on another team. It happens all the time. It's no big deal really.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)

THE BEST SHORTSTOP IN FREE AGENCY WAS NOT ORLANDO CABRERA.

Edited by qwerty

THE BEST SHORTSTOP IN FREE AGENCY WAS NOT ORLANDO CABRERA.

Renteria?

Renteria would normally be the choice but he had a down year last season. Juan Uribe pretty much out-performed Renteria's numbers last season. But Renteria was still better than Orlando Cabrera last year.

Edited by Jabroni

Thats right I am the only one who sees the truth about KW, the rest are still drinking that kool-aid that it seems hawk is on..

Is it bad that instead of overpaying a guy like Orlando Cabrera that we instead moved Uribe to SS, his natural position? Not to mention the fact that Uribe's numbers blew away Cabrera's from last season. :huh:

Here is an option.. Trade for Lyle Overbay, this coming offseason.  If they Let Pauly Go. .. so in other words.. Trade for Overbay.

Agreed. That would make sense. Try to move Konerko at the deadline and trade prospects for Overbay. They obviously aren't going to need him with Fielder being just about ready.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Is it bad that instead of overpaying a guy like Orlando Cabrera that we instead moved Uribe to SS, his natural position?  Not to mention the fact that Uribe's numbers blew away Cabrera's from last season. :huh:

Agreed.  That would make sense.  Try to move Konerko at the deadline and trade prospects for Overbay.  They obviously aren't going to need him with Fielder.

Defensively, Uribe & Cabrera aren't even close.