White Sox @ Brewers Game Thread

SoxFan1

Is it bad that instead of overpaying a guy like Cabrera that we instead moved Uribe to SS (his natural position)?  Not to mention the fact that Uribe's numbers blew away Cabrera's from last season. :huh:

Overpay for that type of talent.. you never can.. Cabrera..Top 3 SS in the AL

Tejada

Jeter

Cabrera

Uribe.. Him hitting in a Hitters park had better numebrs than Cabrera another shocker there....Then KW overpaying for Uribe at that, with a contract extension That is not derseved, Uribe had one good year hitting in a hitters park behind, a much better lineup that Caberea.. Look at the numbers once Caberea, got some protection.

Also if they switched teams last year.. Uribe would be the back-up cause he K's so much.

Edit top 4 forgot that Renteria came to the AL

Tejada

Renteria

Jeter

Cabrera

Edited by AnthraxFan93

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cabrera's glove had better be great because that's all he's got going for him...

.268 career AVG

.316 career OBP

(His numbers last season were even lower than his career numbers)

I will take Uribe's glove and power in a hitter's park over what Cabrera would bring to the table. You overrate Cabrera BIG-TIME. Are you seriously going to say that Cabrera was a better free agent SS than Renteria and Nomar? :rolly

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 05:27 PM)
For Once we Agree.. Never said Cabrera.. You did.

What the f*** are you talking about. You were always talking ''cabera is god''. Uribe is a piece of s*** compared to cabrera. Now that he has protection he will be a monster. Did you see his numbers in the a.l.?!?!?!?! Even though they were not anything to right home about. You have a massive hard-on for him and i will never know why that is.

What the f*** are you talking about. You were always talking ''cabera is god''. Uribe is a piece of s*** compared to cabrera. Now that he has protection he will be a monster. Did you see his numbers in the a.l.?!?!?!?! Even though they were not anything to right home about.  You have a massive hard-on for him and i will never know why that is.

And you have a hard-on for the failure that is our GM.. Why is that?

I never said in this thread anywhere that Cabera was the best SS in FA.. You did..

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
And you have a hard-on for the failure that is our GM.. Why is that?

I never said in this thread anywhere that Cabera was the best SS in FA.. You did..

Not in this thread. But in about 500 of your posts you mention his name.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
Cabrera's glove had better be great because that's all he's got going for him...

.268 career AVG

.316 career OBP

(His numbers last season were even lower than his career numbers)

I will take Uribe's glove and power in a hitter's park over what Cabrera would bring to the table.  You overrate Cabrera BIG-TIME.  Are you seriously going to say that Cabrera was a better free agent SS than Renteria and Nomar? :rolly

I forgot about Nomar. Of course, all statements about his ability have to end with "when he's not hurt."

I would take Cabrera over Renteria. But your point about Uribe hitting in Coors East is a good one. We did not NEED to upgrade at SS.

But I'm also an Angels fan. Maybe I'm drinking the kool-aid.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
COme on answer the question you can't

I far from have a hard on for kw. He has done anadequate job in his time being here. Nothing more nothing less inmy opinion. Sure he got burned on a free things. But he made up for it in other ways.