ESPN Radio Update just said

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
ESPN 1000 also said the Rox are trading Charles Johnson to Tampa..and the Rox are getting B Kim from Boston.. not sure for who. Maybe the Sox will trade Ben Davis to the Rox for B Kim....not likely but who knows. Total speculation here.

Unless Cliff Politte is involved in the deal, I can't see it happening. We don't want anymore pitchers.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
ESPN 1000 also said the Rox are trading Charles Johnson to Tampa..and the Rox are getting B Kim from Boston.. not sure for who. Maybe the Sox will trade Ben Davis to the Rox for B Kim....not likely but who knows. Total speculation here.

Hmm, I would definitely like that trade.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
Who would backup Burke or Widger?

I would bet Widger.

Burke was already sent down, so my guess is that Widger would make the team as the backup. With all of this being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Widger get traded instead of Davis.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
My guess is whereve Davis is to get traded, it will only be for a lower level minor league prospect.  Many teams could use Big Ben as a good backup catcher, but I don't think his price tag will be very high.

My guess would be for a AAAA type middle infielder with options to replace Valdez.

Unless Cliff Politte is involved in the deal, I can't see it happening.  We don't want anymore pitchers.

I wouldn't mind moving Politte. Not thrilled about trading Davis but again, it all depends what you get in return.

No question that Widger would be a capable backup though.

Very surprising. Considering Davis is either still hurt with his ligament problem or recovering. Plus, he's got a $1M salary. Unless he's going to be a starter, that's pretty high for a backup IMHO.

As far as Kim, :banghead :banghead :banghead

According to redsox.com, he's going to the Rockies.

Troy E. Renck, of the Denver Post, reports Colorado Rockies C Charles Johnson will either be traded or released by the time the team's roster is set Sunday, April 3. C J.D. Closser is slated to start the season as the team's opening day catcher. Both the New York Mets and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays are reportedly interested in adding Johnson to their rosters.

Possibly one of these teams? :huh

I'm gonna throw out the Dodgers once again.  They have Jason Phillips but need someone else cause Dave Ross is likely gone and he's there other catcher. 

I know they like Navarre, but I don't think he's ready.

I agree, my guess is the Dodgers as well.

If it's just Davis I'm guessing a prospect comes our way. If a relief pitcher is added to the deal, the Sox might add a major league reliever in return. They can't be happy with Politte's performance this spring.