3-30 Game Thread Sox vs D-Bags

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
What is this "assignment" stuff?  Polishing JR's shoes?  Grilling hotdogs?  Cleaning up the parking lot?

Finishing up his resume.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
What is this "assignment" stuff?  Polishing JR's shoes?  Grilling hotdogs?  Cleaning up the parking lot?

This is divulged only on a "need to know" basis. :)

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
I wouldn't take too much from it -- Vazquez isn't really effective down in 'Zona, he can't throw that curveball.  It sorta just hangs up there...

Well, if it's a 'Zona thing, he might have some problems this year. He won't have the luxury of leaving once Spring Training is over.

By the way I thought Carmen DiFalco did a good job but there is definitely a big difference when you have two guys who played the game in the booth.

Harrelson is good so far with Farmer, Farmer is not going on his goofy tangents like he does with Rooney.

Guys who played the game have more unique insight vs. a guy like DiFalco, who is good but you could tell he couldn't get too deep. He doesn't have the same depth of knowledge of Harrelson or Farmer or DJ.

DJ IMO is better than you guys give him credit for. Listen to him on a Game of the Week, he is excellent.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
The guy that many people here wanted to trade for this offseason -- Javier Vasquez.

:cheers

I am guessing the fact that he didn't want to come here is part of the motivation to kick his ass today. Just a hunch.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
By the way I thought Carmen DiFalco did a good job but there is definitely a big difference when you have two guys who played the game in the booth.

Harrelson is good so far with Farmer, Farmer is not going on his goofy tangents like he does with Rooney.

Guys who played the game have more unique insight vs. a guy like DiFalco, who is good but you could tell he couldn't get too deep.  He doesn't have the same depth of knowledge of Harrelson or Farmer or DJ.

DJ IMO is better than you guys give him credit for.  Listen to him on a Game of the Week, he is excellent.

Couldn't agree with you more. People around here act like DJ is the second coming of Joe Carter. DJ is very good at what he does.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)

Guys who played the game have more unique insight vs. a guy like DiFalco, who is good but you could tell he couldn't get too deep.  He doesn't have the same depth of knowledge of Harrelson or Farmer or DJ.

DJ IMO is better than you guys give him credit for.  Listen to him on a Game of the Week, he is excellent.

Good point. I like DJ. I just think they're too many long pauses on the air. Whether it's Hawk ignoring DJ or just getting frustrating with what's happening in the game. Since I'm not watching on TV right now, have there been many long pauses with Farmer?