Sox vs Brewers Friday night

RockRaines

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 03:12 AM)
We need 5 outfielders, we don't need 7 infielders (3 of which play 2B).

And your boy can play the corner spots, too.

And, no one plays second even close to that of Harris. Not even close.

And your boy can play the corner spots, too.

And, no one plays second even close to that of Harris.  Not even close.

That's great but Iguchi is the starter so it doesn't really matter. Ozuna's bat will stay on the roster before Willie's glove does. Remember, we need righty bats off the bench.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 03:15 AM)
That's great but Iguchi is the starter so it doesn't really matter.  Ozuna's bat will stay on the roster before Willie's glove does.  Remember, we need righty bats off the bench.

Yeah, and Harris >>>>>> Perez -- even factoring in Perez' ability to play the corners.

Rowand can play all three spots, as can Podsednik. I doubt there's a time where those two are out of the game at the same time, unless it's late in a game. That's the case, Harris to center, Ozuna/Gload to left. Not that hard.

And, the way Hawk/DJ were talking about it the other day on-air, they seemed to think Perez was the one fighting for a spot once Thomas comes back.

Yeah, and Harris >>>>>> Perez -- even factoring in Perez' ability to play the corners.

Rowand can play all three spots, as can Podsednik.  I doubt there's a time where those two are out of the game at the same time, unless it's late in a game.  That's the case, Harris to center, Ozuna/Gload to left.  Not that hard.

And, the way Hawk/DJ were talking about it the other day on-air, they seemed to think Perez was the one fighting for a spot once Thomas comes back.

We shall see. I really doubt that though. Kenny loves Timo and he has ripped Willie many times. I mean come on, Kenny has traded for Robbie Alomar twice because Willie couldn't get the job done consistently. I don't see that happening, unless Willie is killing the ball.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 03:20 AM)
We shall see.  I really doubt that though.  Kenny loves Timo and he has ripped Willie many times.  I mean come on, Kenny has traded for Robbie Alomar twice because Willie couldn't get the job done consistently.  I don't see that happening, unless Willie is killing the ball.

Yeah, well -- Harris is still much more of an asset than Perez, and I'd hope Kenny can see that.

We shall see is right. But, it'd be a shame if Perez is blocking not one, but two left-handed *bats* that are better than him.

Yeah, well -- Harris is still much more of an asset than Perez, and I'd hope Kenny can see that.

We shall see is right.  But, it'd be a shame if Perez is blocking not one, but two left-handed *bats* that are better than him.

2 lefties? Do you really want to see Gload playing anything other than 1B?

No, no, no, no, no. Not talking about Gload -- Gload's on the team no matter what, and I don't care what the hell Gload does in the OF, his bat/hitting is much better than anything Perez can do.

I'm talking about Giambi -- and I don't want to see him play defense anywhere.

Timo with a sac-fly to CF. Rowand tags and scores.

And that's why Timo will stay on the roster over Willie. Timo is great with RISP and can knock in runs, Willie doesn't.

6-5 Brewers.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 03:27 AM)
And that's why Timo will stay on the roster over Willie.  Timo is great with RISP and can knock in runs, Willie doesn't.

6-5 Brewers.

I knew that was coming, the 'clutch' argument.

And this has gone to the s***ter.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 1, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
Timo with a sac-fly to CF.  Rowand tags and scores.

And that's why Timo will stay on the roster over Willie.  Timo is great with RISP and can knock in runs, Willie doesn't.

6-5 Brewers.

I would think that the speed factor from Willie would make the difference. This is after all what Ozzie is preaching.

I would think that the speed factor from Willie would make the difference. This is after all what Ozzie is preaching.

Willie has all the speed in the world but can't do anything with it because he is a horrible base-runner. I bet Ozzie likes Timo more because he actually KNOWS how to run the bases.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 03:32 AM)
Willie has all the speed in the world but can't do anything with it because he is a horrible base-runner.  I bet Ozzie likes Timo more because he actually KNOWS how to run the bases.

Harris still had 19 SB's last year. And, in a Dave Roberts-like, playoff situation, I bet Ozzie would have a little more faith in Harris than Timo, but maybe that's just me.

And, Giambi confessed, didn't hide it, and it's in his past. I don't think the 'roids helped him much, either. He's an OBP machine -- that's it. Sucks defensively, can't hit for AVG -- just an OBP machine.

EDIT: And, FWIW, I don't think Giambi should make the 25-man. Just wanted to put that out there, but if he's still with us, he'll be a nice PH option in September, when (hopefully) we're making our playoff push.

Edited by CWSGuy406

I knew that was coming, the 'clutch' argument.

And this has gone to the s***ter.

Why has this gone to the s***ter?

Timo's career with RISP

289 AB

.318 AVG

.350 OBP

3 HR

125 RBI

20 BB

28 SO

By the way, you are saying this has gone to the s***ter because I mentioned Timo's RISP but you are suggesting that we play Jeremy Giambi? :lol: He can barely play LF. He's a 1B/DH at best. With Konerko, Gload, Everett, and Frank (when healthy) what good is he?

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 1, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
Willie has all the speed in the world but can't do anything with it because he is a horrible base-runner.  I bet Ozzie likes Timo more because he actually KNOWS how to run the bases.

Is he a horrid base runner because he doesn't steal 50 bases or because he actually runs the bases bad?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 1, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)

true. But I wonder if they believe with Raines working with him if he can get better. I think they knoe what they have with Timo but believe they may be able to get more out of Willie, although you are correct in saying he hasn't shown it yet. With the emergence of Ozuna either Willie or Timo are expendable so I think they may go for the potential upside of Willie. IMHO.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 1, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
Is he a horrid base runner because he doesn't steal 50 bases or because he actually runs the bases bad?

Bring back the other part of your sig!!!!!!! It was the best part.

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 03:36 AM)
I simply pointed out the fact the he was terrible while on roids what makes u think he'd be any better than mendoza..I mean Joe Borchard

I don't think Borchard is a real good comparison.

Giambi has a career OBP of somewhere near .370, IIRC.