Sox v. Brewers Pre-Season Finale 4/2/05

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite thriving on the base paths, much was made of Podsednik's struggles at the plate in 2004, when he hit .244 after logging a .314 average in the same number of games during an impressive rookie campaign one year earlier.

"He worries about himself too much," Chicago manager Ozzie Guillen said. "If he goes 0-for-4, he worries about it too much. I say, 'Listen, I played 16 years and I went 0-for-4 almost every day. Don't worry about it, just go out and play the game the way you play.'"

This doesn't really fit here, but I got a kick out Ozzie's quote.

Pods thrown out stealing 2nd base by Damian Miller. That's the first time he's been caught stealing this spring.

Everett strikes out. Inning over.

Edited by Jabroni

Garland gets his first two batters to pop out. He gives up a single to Geoff Jenkins and then he gets Carlos Lee to ground out to Iguchi. Inning over. End of the 1st. No score.

Edited by Jabroni

Pierzynski nubs one to the 3rd baseman. Rowand thrown out at 2nd base. A.J. safe at 1st base on the double play attempt after the 1st baseman drops the ball. Crede up...

Edited by Jabroni

Ozzie is impressed and happy with the way his guys played this spring. He feels great about the starters and alot better about Contreras after yesterday's start. Politte has thrown the ball alot better in his last few appearances. Compares his current bullpen with having Koch and Mike Jackson from last season. He will use Politte in the 5th and 6th and Vizcaino in the 7th and 8th. Ozuna has been playing his ass off. He needed another right-handed bat so he kept Widger. Ozzie even admits that he now has the team he wants so we will get to see what kind of manager he is this year.

Inning over. Garland is having a good start so far...

Edited by Jabroni

Pods grounds one to the pitcher and Uribe gets hung up between 2nd and 3rd. Uribe delays the pitcher long enough for Pods to get into 2nd base. Uribe tagged out. Pods at 2nd base. 1 out.

Edited by Jabroni