Welcome to the Visitors Clubhouse

southsider2k5

• 1 month later...
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:38 PM)
Welcome to the board! :cheers

Thanks! It's good to see the boards are nice here to non-Sox fans. I wasn't sure because at MarlinsBaseball.com we're not as gracious to Mutt fans.

Edited by -Fish Fan-

QUOTE(-Fish Fan- @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
Thanks! It's good to see the boards are nice here to non-Sox fans. I wasn't sure because at MarlinsBaseball.com we're not as gracious to Mutt fans.

So, how many championships do you guys have to win before they build you a new stadium?

I mean, you win a second one and they name the place after the football franchise.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(-Fish Fan- @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)

Welcome to soxtalk! :cheers

Glad to see a Marlin fan here. The Marlins are easily one of the best teams in the NL. Two World Series in less than a decade!? Wow. Not to mention that you guys are very underrated.

Welcome once again.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
So, how many championships do you guys have to win before they build you a new stadium?

I mean, you win a second one and they name the place after the football franchise.

Haha, so true. I'm pretty pissed at the franchise right now. We're about $45 mil short for the funding for a new ballpark. The plan for a new ballpark is looking dismal right now. Thanks in part to Wayne Huisenga, the Dolphins owner, who hasn't helped at all. The state of Florida has also turned down 4 bills that have been brought to state congress. Right now it's looking like they're just going to put a retractable roof on Dolphins Stadium.

This would be a "good" deal for the Marlins because they would get use of DS rent free until like 2011. (I think that's the year) I don't like that deal, because the Marlins should be playing in a ballpark, not a football stadium. It could be worse, though, the Fish could be playing in a dump like RFK, McAfee Colliseum, or the old Vet. I still don't like Dolphins Stadium for a ballpark, but I'm staying optimistic for a new ballpark.

If all else fails, I say we rent out U.S. Cellular Field for every day that the Sox don't have a home game, lol. Hell, we did it last year when we had problems with the Hurricanes. :headshake

Edited by -Fish Fan-

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
Welcome to soxtalk!  :cheers

Glad to see a Marlin fan here. The Marlins are easily one of the best teams in the NL. Two World Series in less than a decade!? Wow. Not to mention that you guys are very underrated.

Welcome once again.

Maybe we're one of the best in the NL. We've went 5-9 in our last 14 games. Not very good. Plus, we're in the most competitive division in baseball, with every team in the NL East above .500.

QUOTE(-Fish Fan- @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
If all else fails, I say we rent out U.S. Cellular Field for every day that the Sox don't have a home game, lol. Hell, we did it last year when we had problems with the Hurricanes. :headshake

Sure!

The Sox can schedule you guys on off days.

Seriously though, I hope that the Marlins get a new stadium, because, they might move otherwise.

Charlotte or Portland I heard.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
Welcome to soxtalk!  :cheers

Welcome once again.

And you get automatic luv here for taking out the Cubs on the way to the World Series :cheers

Welcome to Soxtalk

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
And you get automatic luv here for taking out the Cubs on the way to the World Series :cheers

Welcome to Soxtalk

ss beat me to it.

how could we not be nice to a marlins fan?

you guys saved chicago.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
ss beat me to it.

how could we not be nice to a marlins fan?

you guys saved chicago.

Haha, that we did...I guess. I see you go to school at the U of I. That's pretty sweet. I live in Clinton, which is like an hour and a half drive from Champaign. And you're an Illini fan. Awesome. Came so close to the National title this year. I'm looking forward to the Ron Zook era in football. I think we can make a bowl game this year. I really do.

QUOTE(-Fish Fan- @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
Haha, that we did...I guess. I see you go to school at the U of I. That's pretty sweet. I live in Clinton, which is like an hour and a half drive from Champaign. And you're an Illini fan. Awesome. Came so close to the National title this year. I'm looking forward to the Ron Zook era in football. I think we can make a bowl game this year. I really do.

just finished my freshmen year at U of I.

I was in the orange krush and saw every home game bball game, pretty nice. Even went to OSU and saw the heartbreaking loss.

And about football, don't get your hopes up, :lol:.

We're going to be "respectable", next year is whe ni really see a bowl happening.....maybe.

QUOTE(-Fish Fan- @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)

welcome... :cheers

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 10:49 PM)
Eh....but I'm lazy :P

Actually I've been busy lately and it hasn't been real high on my list. I have had a skin I've been working on for a while but it's still not ready.

read my above post,

you're a bum

:P