1:39

Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(Nokona @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 06:14 PM)
I was in row 149 section 5 and noticed some Cubs colors at the park too.  The guy a row over from me had a Prior jersey, and his kid wore a Wrigley Field hat and a Yankees Jersey.  Then the poor dad in front of us was the only White Sox fan in the family.  After Paulie's first HR his 8 year old son stood up and yelled "Sox Stink!" and he turned around and said "You are not my son. You are on your own." Had the surrounding people laughing histerically.  Funny thing was, the kid was decked out in Cubs gear. I don't know how the dad can survive.  We treated him well though.

I sat in Section 148, Row 29, and there was this guy who kept walking up and down the stairs right by me wearing a Yankees hat, a Cubs jersey, and a Devil Rays jacket...VERY strange!!!

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
I sat in Section 148, Row 29, and there was this guy who kept walking up and down the stairs right by me wearing a Yankees hat, a Cubs jersey, and a Devil Rays jacket...VERY strange!!!

it was asian invasion at the cell today.

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)

sometimes people don't know how to cheer for, so they give up. I went to a Rockies game when I was in Denver and saw a kid a few rows in front of me in a D'Backs hat. Randy Johnson was pitching that day, and had a perfect game going through 5 or so when he gave up a homerun, and the kid in the D'Backs hat started cheering. the same with those hats that have all the NBA logos on them.

QUOTE(traydragen @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
I was watching ESPNEWS afterwards and they said it was the fastest game of this century (basically since stats were made for TOG).

You must remember that this century dates only back to the year 2000, so there's a lot of time before that where TOG was counted.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
I managed to find two games from 2003.

04/30/03 Mulder Vs. Buerhle: Time: 1:54

05/06/03 Mulder Vs. Buerhle: Time: 1:49

Fast, but not as fast as today.

Franklin was dealing today as well.

He was taking the ball and throwing it almost as quickly as Buehrle was.

Except, he had to slow down every time his head jerked back to watch Paulie go yard on him. :lol:

That's the Mark Buerhle we all love to see out there on the mound, and he showed today how big of a loss he would have been if his ankle injury was more serious.

On Ryan Franklin, he was very lucky to make the Seattle rotation, and I think the M's are glad he's there now. If Sele and Franklin can keep pitching well, so long as Beltre and Sexson keep slugging, the M's are a good sleeper team.

First sub 100 minute game in decades. I am waiting for opposing teams to start and ice Mark. I know I'd be taking my sweet time getting to the batters box of I was facing him. I rushed home to catch the game, saw the scrolling update on ESPN and thought why is the Sox name in yellow? :D

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
Got back about 10 minutes from the game, and might I say that my last period class is longer than the time it took for this game to be completed!!!

Buehrle threw a gem today.  I think he's going to have an unreal rhythm all season long.  He had control of the entire game, except for Ichiro, but he's great in shaking off minor "glitches," and shutting the rest down.  Buehrle's gonna be a candidate for the Cy Young within the next couple of years...MARK it!

I think he is a candidate for the Cy Young right now. As he is in his prime. As long as he keeps pitching gems and leading us to wins i'm happy.