Ozzie's lineups

AirScott

I don't know how to word this right, so I'll just give examples, like on Tuesday night, when Timo Perez was playing in RF for Dye, Timo batted 5th. or when Pods was out, and Ozuna and Timo always hit leadoff, or today, Harris played instead of Iguchi and hit in Iguchi's usual number 2 spot. is there any reason behind this, or did he already make 162 lineup cards, and just has to fill in the names every day?

I don't know how to word this right, so I'll just give examples, like on Tuesday night, when Timo Perez was playing in RF for Dye, Timo batted 5th.  or when Pods was out, and Ozuna and Timo always hit leadoff, or today, Harris played instead of Iguchi and hit in Iguchi's usual number 2 spot.  is there any reason behind this, or did he already make 162 lineup cards, and just has to fill in the names every day?

Ever heard of playing the lefty/righty matchup?

QUOTE(Quality Revenge At Last @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
Find a line up and stick with it. Dont pull a Dusty Baker and have about 120 different line ups. ::sarcastic number but you know what I mean::

why? what advantage does having a single line-up serve?

I was asking for the Twins stretch with Offerman as clean-up hitter, I know what the Sox record is. and the lefty-righty matchup thing doesn't fly here, because I'm not talking in -game substitutions, I'm talking players hitting out of place in the lineup.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 05:19 PM)
I don't know how to word this right, so I'll just give examples, like on Tuesday night, when Timo Perez was playing in RF for Dye, Timo batted 5th.  or when Pods was out, and Ozuna and Timo always hit leadoff, or today, Harris played instead of Iguchi and hit in Iguchi's usual number 2 spot.  is there any reason behind this, or did he already make 162 lineup cards, and just has to fill in the names every day?

Quoth Ozzie.

"I maa da fooking lineup an we winna game with the bes recor in da AL"