Sox vs. Tigers 4-29-05

Rowand44

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
Someone bump Heather's old thread, I'm f***ing pissed at this team.

I just hate how we claim we're going to play small ball. If we played small ball, we would've got more than 2 runners in to score with all the people we had on.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
how are the critics not justified today? TOday is not about Ozzie but a lack of execution on offense and it was pathetic

I mean the media and stuff. It's like we're trying our best to prove them right.

Its official CORPSEBALL is back. A few weeks into the season and we are making plus 6 ERA pitchers look like Cy Young. Stranding runners, popping out, GIDP and taking home run swings when you need a simple basehit. Its back.

CORPSEBALL 2005 aka DUMB BALL

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 04:17 AM)
I just hate how we claim we're going to play small ball.  If we played small ball, we would've got more than 2 runners in to score with all the people we had on.

We agree on something! I don't care if the runners are slow, we don't have the personnel to keep waiting for the 3 run homer. Ozzie needs to call more hit-and-runs, etc.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 04:17 AM)
Its official  CORPSEBALL is back.  A few weeks into the season and we are making plus 6 ERA pitchers look like Cy Young.  Stranding runners, popping out, GIDP and taking home run swings when you need a simple basehit.  Its back.

CORPSEBALL 2005  aka DUMB BALL

I'm most concerned about a lack of hitting the ball hard. Of our last 6 games, we have about 5 hard hit balls.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
I just hate how we claim we're going to play small ball.  If we played small ball, we would've got more than 2 runners in to score with all the people we had on.

Greasy, they're just all really scuffling right now, I think they've proved on this road trip that they can win without the homer. Obviously people aren't going to be happy right now but the mood around here will change once we win the next two.

Unreal... the Sox had a few good chances and blew them. Konerko couldn't get Iguchi in from 3rd with only 1 out and Timo couldn't get anyone in with bases loaded and 1 out as well....this offense had better wake the hell up and soon...otherwise they will be trailing Minny like normal.....

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 04:19 AM)
I think the myth was that we got rid of guys who didn't come thru and that didn't move over guys and that we kept a bunch of guys that do. This team is only mildly better and that stuff and has sacrificed other things for that minimal improvement

I'm just grateful we got off to such an improbably start. We caught so many breaks those first 20 games, and it's catching up to us. Losing Uribe hurts also.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
Greasy, they're just all really scuffling right now, I think they've proved on this road trip that they can win without the homer.  Obviously people aren't going to be happy right now but the mood around here will change once we win the next two.

We definitely could've bunted a couple times tonight, or used the hit and run. We had the 1st guy on, 8 of the 11 innings. That's a perfect time to try to move someone over to get something, anything going.

Our lead goes from 5 to 1 1/2 in just over 3 1/2 days.

--That's baseball.

But we shoulda won this one in the ninth.

We ain't got much punch in our order that's for sure.

Hate to waste another great pitching outing at home.