Game Thread 5-1 Sox vs Pussycats

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

The Angels pull one out, they beat Minnesota 2-1. Angels had two hits for the entire game, Minnesota 4.

Astros knocking the s*** out of the Cubs.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 1, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
you don't talk about season ending awards four-five weeks into the year. baron Davis once got mvp talk due to that ridiculousness

I do!

Guest JimH

DJ had more play by play today, in the last two innings. I actually thought he did a much better job this time. :huh

But I am a nice guy and pretty understanding. (quickman at the game today, I can get away with this).

QUOTE(JimH @ May 1, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
DJ had more play by play today, in the last two innings.  I actually thought he did a much better job this time. :huh

But I am a nice guy and pretty understanding. (quickman at the game today, I can get away with this).

I've thought he's been getting better each and each time but I think there is such a hatred for dj around here that some people just won't admit it.

Guest JimH
and speakin of the Scrubs, H-town has come back to take 9-3 lead. Stro's put up a 7 spot in the 6th against the Messiah

That is great, I knew they hit a grand slam but didn't know it was vs. Jesus Prior.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 1, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
and speakin of the Scrubs, H-town has come back to take 9-3 lead. Stro's put up a 7 spot in the 6th against the Messiah

I've never seen a manager leave a pitcher in to allow a 3 run homer only 3 batters after a pitcher had allowed a grand slam.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 1, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
my god, is Jon finally livin up to his potential? is this why the Scrubs picked him in the first round, top 10 overall IIRC? I have never seen him pitch with this much poise

He isn't beating himself and what I am particularly impressed about is he goes right after the hitters. No fooling around and he doesn't walk a lot of batters. That is the secret to success in my opinion. He has such great stuff and now finally understands he doesn't have to finese.

Guest JimH
I've thought he's been getting better each and each time but I think there is such a hatred for dj around here that some people just won't admit it.

I agree with you, he is trying to improve and personally I think he's doing better.

With announcers though, it's a matter of opinion. Some will like him and others won't. Sometimes you get a first impression of a player or announcer and no matter what they do, it's hard to come off that initial impression. I guess that's human nature.

Guest JimH

She definitely knows how to work it. I think she was the chick in the cheerleader movie with Kirsten Dunst ... Dushku played Freddie Prinze Jr's sister, yes?

Either way, she's a very nice looking young woman.