Game Thread 5-1 Sox vs Pussycats

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think now the media is going to take notice of Garland. Let's not forget "he was expected to do this." This is not overachieving. The past 4 yrs have been underachieving. This guy had has much props when he was young as Prior had. Maybe even more.

As I understand two big things have led to his dominance: mastering the changeup & accelerated rhythm. He's more like Mark now in terms of catch it & throw it.

Is it to early to put Jon up for Cy Young? Maybe. But May is historically his best month & he just kicked it off with a CG, 4H, SO. He could match his highest season win total before the AS break. Phenomenal. Jon could be in line for a 40M/4 deal after this.

Offensively Perez came up big. Carl nearly always does, but Perez surprised most of us.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ May 1, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
I think now the media is going to take notice of Garland.  Let's not forget "he was expected to do this." This is not overachieving.  The past 4 yrs have been underachieving.  This guy had has much props when he was young as Prior had.  Maybe even more.

As I understand two big things have led to his dominance: mastering the changeup & accelerated rhythm.  He's more like Mark now in terms of catch it & throw it.

Is it to early to put Jon up for Cy Young?  Maybe.  But May is historically his best month & he just kicked it off with a CG, 4H, SO.  He could match his highest season win total before the AS break.  Phenomenal.  Jon could be in line for a 40M/4 deal after this.

Let's keep in mind who he has beaten though.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 1, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)

He just took detroit's bats turned them sideways and stuck them straight up their candy asses :P Detroit is one of the better hitting teams in baseball, Jon's been awesome, period.

EDIT: By the way that was my best Rock impersonation. :D

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(The Bones @ May 1, 2005 -> 06:02 PM)
I believe it's 1 vs. Minn, 1 vs. Seattle, 1 vs. Oakland, and 2 vs. Detroit

Ah yes, that is correct. My mistake. 3 good teams ad 1 mediocre team....f***ing awesome! :headbang

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 1, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)

Does it really matter who he beats.. a win is a win, thats all thats gonna matter in the end.. Other pitchers face the same teams too

Wins baybeeee... thats what we want