Game Thread 5-1 Sox vs Pussycats

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ May 1, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
The Sandlot 2? Is  Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez back or is he retired cause the first one takes place in the 60's

It looks like the same exact plot and catchphrases. The fat kid from Bad Santa is in it though, and he was terrific in that movie. Imdb.com had some bad things to say about Sandlot 2, so who knows. Bad News Bears looks like it has potential though.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 1, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
Ya, well good thing the Tigers didn't give him a big contract or anything like that.

I still can't believe Higginson is making 9 million this year... :bang

What a waste of money..atually with maggs out and Higgs money you got around what...close to 25 mill of their payroll doing jack...

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ May 1, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
Maybe it's his son.

Wait, isn't James Earl Jones in the movie? I saw him in the commercial playing the same character..Does it still take place in the 60's?

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ May 1, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
Wait, isn't James Earl Jones in the movie? I saw him in the commercial playing the same character..Does it still take place in the 60's?

It's more so a remake than anything.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 1, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
If ordonez did not get injured they would have just cut higginson out right. Because players in the minors can do what that fool is doing for a fraction of the cost.

You think would cut Higg even though he's making that much??? I don't think so..They still got to pay him and I don't think they would just cut a guy making that much..the Yankees would, but the Tigers?

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ May 1, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
You think would cut Higg even though he's making that much??? I don't think so..They still got to pay him and I don't think they would just cut a guy making that much..the Yankees would, but the Tigers?

Well, all he's doing is hurting the team.