AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 1, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
...can we please give the Cy Garland thing a rest?

Why dont you let everyone be happy bout the way he is pitching.. 5 - 0 with a sparkling ERA and your already hating all over it.. You dont need to post "Say no to Cy Garland" crap hes on the f***ing team and kicking ass.. s*** be happy about instead of f***ing negative :headshake

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(T R U @ May 1, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
Why dont you let everyone be happy bout the way he is pitching.. 5 - 0 with a sparkling ERA and your already hating all over it.. You dont need to post "Say no to Cy Garland" crap hes on the f***ing team and kicking ass.. s*** be happy about instead of f***ing negative  :headshake

Define tool.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 1, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
Define tool.

tool n.

1. A device, such as a saw, used to perform or facilitate manual or mechanical work.

1. A machine, such as a lathe, used to cut and shape machine parts or other objects.

2. The cutting part of such a machine.

3. Something regarded as necessary to the carrying out of one's occupation or profession: Words are the tools of our trade.

4. Something used in the performance of an operation; an instrument: “Modern democracies have the fiscal and monetary tools... to end chronic slumps and galloping inflations” (Paul A. Samuelson).

5. Vulgar Slang. A penis.

6. A person used to carry out the designs of another; a dupe.

1. A bookbinder's hand stamp.

2. A design impressed on a book cover by such a stamp.

8. Computer Science. An application program, often one that creates, manipulates, modifies, or analyzes other programs.

any other brainbusters you want me to help you with?

tool (n.)

A device, such as a saw, used to perform or facilitate manual or mechanical work.

A machine, such as a lathe, used to cut and shape machine parts or other objects.

The cutting part of such a machine.

Something regarded as necessary to the carrying out of one's occupation or profession: Words are the tools of our trade.

Something used in the performance of an operation; an instrument: “Modern democracies have the fiscal and monetary tools... to end chronic slumps and galloping inflations” (Paul A. Samuelson).

Vulgar Slang. A penis.

A person used to carry out the designs of another; a dupe.

A bookbinder's hand stamp.

A design impressed on a book cover by such a stamp.

Computer Science. An application program, often one that creates, manipulates, modifies, or analyzes other programs.

QUOTE(T R U @ May 1, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
tool n.

1. A device, such as a saw, used to perform or facilitate manual or mechanical work.

1. A machine, such as a lathe, used to cut and shape machine parts or other objects.

3. Something regarded as necessary to the carrying out of one's occupation or profession: Words are the tools of our trade.

4. Something used in the performance of an operation; an instrument: “Modern democracies have the fiscal and monetary tools... to end chronic slumps and galloping inflations” (Paul A. Samuelson).

8. Computer Science. An application program, often one that creates, manipulates, modifies, or analyzes other programs.

I was looking more for:

tool. n.

1. Grown men that award pet names to baseball players.

QUOTE(T R U @ May 1, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
tool n.

You beat me to it you dictionary.com loving bastard! :lol:

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 1, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)
tool (n.)

A device, such as a saw, used to perform or facilitate manual or mechanical work.

A machine, such as a lathe, used to cut and shape machine parts or other objects.

The cutting part of such a machine.

Something regarded as necessary to the carrying out of one's occupation or profession: Words are the tools of our trade.

Something used in the performance of an operation; an instrument: “Modern democracies have the fiscal and monetary tools... to end chronic slumps and galloping inflations” (Paul A. Samuelson).

Vulgar Slang. A penis.

A person used to carry out the designs of another; a dupe.

A bookbinder's hand stamp.

A design impressed on a book cover by such a stamp.

Computer Science. An application program, often one that creates, manipulates, modifies, or analyzes other programs.

BEAT YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: haha yes, Dictionary.com is the s***

Edited by T R U

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 1, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
Nifty.

This is where we start a war of words right?  Sorry, bub, that crow won't caw.

Go on "Cy Garland." You do you.

Yeah war of words.. :huh:

So youve never refered to Everett as Jurassic or Konerko as Kong? Same thing

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 1, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
Nifty.

This is where we start a war of words right?  Sorry, bub, that crow won't caw.

Go on "Cy Garland." You do you.

Is it really that important to you that you had to put it in your sig lol? Relax. I could care less if they called him Jesus as long as he keeps winning! :drink :headshake

Lets not overlook 1 HUGE fact from this years pitching staff:

AJ Pierzinski and Chris Widger

Our 2 backstops have done a helluva good job in calling these games for us so far. I was one of the folks that wanted to see Olivo in a Sox uni for a long time, but lets be honest here. Olivo and pitchers confidence didn't seem to go together often.

AJ and Widger have been EXCELLENT additions to this 2005 squad. While alot of the credit goes to Garland for finally going after hitters, trusting the defense behind him.....the 2 catchers deserve an awful lot of credit themselves.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 1, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)

Our 2 backstops have done a helluva good job in calling these games for us so far. I was one of the folks that wanted to see Olivo in a Sox uni for a long time, but lets be honest here. Olivo and pitchers confidence didn't seem to go together often.

AJ and Widger have been EXCELLENT additions to this 2005 squad. While alot of the credit goes to Garland for finally going after hitters, trusting the defense behind him.....the 2 catchers deserve an awful lot of credit themselves.

Good post. Garland trusts the catchers, and he's said as much. Credit KW and OG for acquiring and keeping these two. In theory, you'd think Sandy Alomar would have been as effective, but his CERA was nothing to brag about.

Garland trusts the defense. Credit KW and OG for putting a decent defensive team behind him.

However, I think Garland has finally gotten the self confidence he needed. Maybe the changes to the team were the catalyst that helped him get there, but I've always believed he would, eventually, be a solid major league pitcher.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 1, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
Good post.  Garland trusts the catchers, and he's said as much.  Credit KW and OG for acquiring and keeping these two.  In theory, you'd think Sandy Alomar would have been as effective, but his CERA was nothing to brag about.

Garland trusts the defense.  Credit KW and OG for putting a decent defensive team behind him. 

However, I think Garland has finally gotten the self confidence he needed.  Maybe the changes to the team were the catalyst that helped him get there, but I've always believed he would, eventually, be a solid major league pitcher.

It doesn't surprise me he's doing well. He has everything to gain, nothing to lose, no pressure and came in with low expectations. Hopefully he can keep up his carefree attitude all season.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 1, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)

Beautiful post. That is the one constant between all the pitching staff.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
Beautiful post.  That is the one constant between all the pitching staff.

CERA is an extremely underrated stat, and the difference between now and last season would be just huge. Remember Ben Davis? He had the worst CERA for all 4 catchers last season. Thank you Chris Wider, thank you. :headbang

The biggest improvement is that Garland can work out of jams now. Yesterday was a pretty good example where he had men on first and second with no outs. I thought we'd be lucky to only have 1 run score. Instead he gets a fly out, a line-out, and a strike out to get out of the jam. That was really good!