Trade w NSiders

JUGGERNAUT

Would you trade Shingo + Koney for Lee?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Shingo + Koney for Lee?

• YES
    • NO
    • OTHER (Cub trade)

The Cubs just lost 3-2 in the 9th. Again. Hawkins blew another save opp.

The season is falling apart for the Cub because they have no closer & a weak bullpen.

On the S Side it's the opposite. The Sox have 3 guys who are probably just as good as the next to close in Hermanson & Marte. But the S Side has a struggling Konerko in his last yr before FA. D Lee would give the Sox a bonified run producer & good defender at 1B for the next couple of years. All at a reasonable price below Koney's.

Getting Shingo would allow the Cubs to then entertain trades with the NYY"s to get rid of Hawkins. The Cubs might be able to do a Hawkins for Karsay trade. Both had far greater success in their former leagues.

Marketing wise the WSox would be giving up a player they built a theme around.

Not an easy thing to do. But D Lee could make his own name on S Side as well.

If the Cub think D Lee is worth more than Shingo + Koney then they can keep him & keep their losing ways as well.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

You are a good poster and knowledgeable but may I say you're off your rocker on this one.

Do what I'm doing ... enjoy the Phillies comeback today, pop a cold one, get ready for the Sox pregame show, enjoy the beautiful day.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 6, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
You are a good poster and knowledgeable but may I say you're off your rocker on this one.

Do what I'm doing ... enjoy the Phillies comeback today, pop a cold one, get ready for the Sox pregame show, enjoy the beautiful day.

I just got done hearing a dumb cub fan on am 1000 ask why don't the Cubs trade hawkins to the sox for Marte. I will correlate this suggesion with that one.

well, i wouldnt wanna help them out, so i wouldnt do this trade. but if lee were on another team, i would do this trade in a heartbeat. Lee IMO is much better than PK overall cuz he has some speed, will probably hit for a better average and is a gold glove type 1b. but with that said, f*** the Scrubs we're not helpin them out and we dont need to be makin trades when we're this good anyways

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 6, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
I don't want LaChoke anywhere near this team.  Sure, he is probably better pitching in the 8th inning instead of closing out games.  But he is a headcase jinx.  He b****es and whines about having to talk to the media.  I actually puke a little bit in my mouth just looking at him.  Let him continue to blow saves for the Flubs.  Shingo may be struggling but his balls make LaChoke's look like raisins.

I think you need to re-read the original post

Guest JimH
I just got done hearing a dumb cub fan on am 1000 ask why don't the Cubs trade hawkins to the sox for Marte. I will correlate this suggesion with that one.

As I mentioned in my private message to you, that trade suggestion should be filed under "Penis Envy". :D

Guest JimH

I just called my dad in Arizona, right as he was watching the replay of the LaTroy fiasco.

He busted out laughing, and laughed for 2 minutes straight. :lol:

Then he said, "Hold on ... I've gotta pop my last PBR for this s***!" :lol:

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 6, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
well, i wouldnt wanna help them out, so i wouldnt do this trade. but if lee were on another team, i would do this trade in a heartbeat. Lee IMO is much better than PK overall cuz he has some speed, will probably hit for a better average and is a gold glove type 1b. but with that said, f*** the Scrubs we're not helpin them out and we dont need to be makin trades when we're this good anyways

This is just silly, several reasons, the first is why help out the Cubs. Nuff said there. The second, the suggestion is trading a pitcher who cannot find the plate, and I beleive is in his last year of a contract. shingo is completely off right now, then trading konerko who is in a severe funk and in his last year, for the hottest player in baseball with extra years on his contract. Either excuse, makes this suggestion as silly as cub fans wanting to trade hawkins for marte.

This is just silly, several reasons, the first is why help out the Cubs. Nuff said there. The second, the suggestion is trading a pitcher who cannot find the plate, and I beleive is in his last year of a contract. shingo is completely off right now, then trading konerko who is in a severe funk and in his last year, for the hottest player in baseball with extra years on his contract. Either excuse, makes this suggestion as silly as cub fans wanting to trade hawkins for marte.

LaChoke for Marte? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

Guest JimH
Let me ask this. If you were the GM for the White Sox would you trade Shingo for Hawkins and make Hawkins a set up man and Hermanson the closer?

No.

Hawkins makes a ton of $$$, not to mention he is a surly individual. No sense upsetting the chemistry.

None of this will happen anyway.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 6, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
Let me ask this. If you were the GM for the White Sox would you trade Shingo for Hawkins and make Hawkins a set up man and Hermanson the closer?

Is this a new trade? because this is not what he suggested at the top of the thread.

No.

Hawkins makes a ton of $$$, not to mention he is a surly individual.  No sense upsetting the chemistry.

LaChoke is making $3.5 million this season while Shingo is making $2.5 million. LaChoke is still not worth that extra $1 million over Shingo IMO.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 6, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
LaChoke for Marte?  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

This is what some caller said on am 1000 right after the game. Jurko said there is no way the sox are trading marte, then the idiot said ok how about for hermanson. Dickerson said thanks for the call, we understand your frustration.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 6, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
No.

Hawkins makes a ton of $$$, not to mention he is a surly individual.  No sense upsetting the chemistry.

I wouldn't either. Shingo will be fine. He's only pitched 7 or 8 innings this year, and people are freaking out over him. I think your point about Hawkins personality is excellent. The other thing is Shingo is so unique, it is such a different look seeing him after Marte or Politte or Hermanson. If they made the other move, the styles would be very similar.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 6, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
s***, the poll is confusing.  It says shingo for lee, which would be done in a heartbeat, in the thread title but then the poll throws in Paulie?  I voted wrong...

the guy that started the thread has bolted.

This is what some caller said on am 1000 right after the game. Jurko said there is no way the sox are trading marte, then the idiot said ok how about for hermanson. Dickerson said thanks for the call, we understand your frustration.

We may have one of the best contracts for a great reliever in Marte. We will never trade him as long as he is producing the way he normally does.

Damaso Marte's contract:

2005: $1.50 million

2006: $2.50 million

2007: $3.00 million team option

2008: $3.00 million team option

Flubs fans are so stupid they think they can get anyone for nothing.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ May 6, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
The Cubs just lost 3-2 in the 9th.  Again.  Hawkins blew another save opp.

The season is falling apart for the Cub because they have no closer & a weak bullpen.

On the S Side it's the opposite.  The Sox have 3 guys who are probably just as good as the next to close in Hermanson & Marte. But the S Side has a struggling Konerko in his last yr before FA.  D Lee would give the Sox a bonified run producer & good defender at 1B for the next couple of years.  All at a reasonable price below Koney's. 

Getting Shingo would allow the Cubs to then entertain trades with the NYY"s to get rid of Hawkins.  The Cubs might be able to do a Hawkins for Karsay trade.  Both had far greater success in their former leagues.

Marketing wise the WSox would be giving up a player they built a theme around.

Not an easy thing to do.  But D Lee could make his own name on S Side as well.

If the Cub think D Lee is worth more than Shingo + Koney then they can keep him & keep their losing ways as well.

Why should we break up our team to help those assholes?

I would trade Shingo and Kong for Dlee and Hawkins... i would trade them for just Dlee, Im sick of hearing all this Konerko is a our leader crap... You can be a leader all you want but when your hitting .190 your not helping your team. Derrick Lee would rejunivate our offense not to mention bring a great glove at 1st, Shingo would probably pitch really well in the NL too since most teams havent seen him.

Yes it would help the cubs out, but dont forget Derrick Lee was the one who got them in the position to win in the 1st place, so w/out him there would be no hawkins talk anyway.