Attendance Thread

retro1983hat

So basically our 5,1,2,3 matchup with theirs. So basically both of the teams are going to have their best going out there. Great series. 6 straight games of baseball starting today. I love being out of school. And Sox fans better be there to outweigh Cub fans. That'd be the most embarassing thing that other team's fans have to fill our ballpark.

I believe the attendance will pick up and continue to be steady throughout the summer now that the weather is nice and schools are getting out, especially if the Sox keep playing well and more people climb onto the bandwagon. Which means less threads complaining about attendance. Yay!

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 9, 2005 -> 09:59 AM)
Looks like this:

Thursday: Garland vs. Chen

Friday: Buehrle vs. Lopez

Saturday: Garcia vs. Cabrera

Sunday: Contreras vs. Bedard

These match-ups are in our favor, right?

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 9, 2005 -> 08:00 AM)
This weekend we should finally hear positive discussion about Sox attendance.

Just checked and here's what things look like for the series:

Thursday - lower bowl sold out

Friday - some lower level seats deep in the corner

Saturday - only upper deck way down the line is available

Sunday - lower bowl sold out

It should add up to 120,000+ for the 4 game set.

where'd ya get these #'s ???

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ May 9, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
where'd ya get these #'s ???

They have talked about this a couple of times in terms of total attendance. Over the weekend, Brooks said they were looking at over 25K for two games, and over 30K for the other two. It isn't a stretch to imagine a sellout or two if we keep it going and get good weather.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
They have talked about this a couple of times in terms of total attendance.  Over the weekend, Brooks said they were looking at over 25K for two games, and over 30K for the other two.  It isn't a stretch to imagine a sellout or two if we keep it going and get good weather.

is there a way to get the exact #'s or are you just relying on the sox PR guy's?

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ May 9, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
10-4 ...  I was just wondering if ticketmaster put out info like that..

thanx...

Nah, ticketmaster doesn't put out anything. I suppose you could use TM to guesstimate attendance based on what seats are left, (big crowds=no LD tix left) but I think only the White Sox know the full picture.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 9, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
How about we boo him for being an Oriole and someone who is on the other team. 

We cheer for our team and boo the crap out of everyone else.

Facts are we do not boo the crap out of everyone else. I do not see every non-Sox player getting booed when they play against us.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 9, 2005 -> 09:24 AM)
Don'r forget, a lot of the Red Sox, Cubs, and Yankee attendance numbers are good because so many people from out of town and fans of the opposing teams want to go to their games. So bring 'em on, I could care less. You go to a Cub/Card game at Wrigley and there are thousands of Cards fans at the game. It all helps our bottom line when we fill the park.

I have never received my check for the Sox attendance in the last 14 years. It does not help my bottom line but if it helps yours I would like to get in on that action.

Edited by palehose23

QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ May 9, 2005 -> 07:40 AM)
This series is getting hyped up big time. I went over to the O's board and they are geeked for the series. They want to beat us so bad and be the best team.

Their problem is they are run on offense like we were the past few years. They will hit their slumps. Except for Tejada.

Well if they keep getting the pitching they have from Bedard, Ponson, etc then they'll be in it for the long haul. I'm still waiting to see how the pitching holds up. They do have one heck of an offense though.

They aren't just on power either cause Roberts has great speed and even Sosa isn't all that slow. They aren't stealing as many bases as the Sox, but IIRC they are in the top 3 or 4 in stolen bases in the AL.

Its going to be a great series and this next stretch will be interesting. First the Sox got to keep focusing one game at a time though.

QUOTE(Wedge @ May 9, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
These match-ups are in our favor, right?

Chen has been pitching his ass off just like Garland so thats gonna be a wash. I like the Buerhle/Garcia ones towards the Sox while Bedard has been pitching like a maniac so I'd give him the nod.

However, if the Sox play baseball (pitch well, catch the ball, and execute) they are capable of winning every game...same can be said for the Orioles. Wow that was a bold statement ehh :lol: