Sammy Sosa's hit in the head

BrandoFan

I'm glad I'm not eat up with that much hate... for anybody. That's sad..... and scary too.

No s***.

It's like that early 20s dude at Comiskey chasing a foul ball that rolled under one of the seats along with a bunch of kids and teens...and in the process knocking down a 10yo (I mean, he literally threw him aside and the father of the child did nothing even though he must have seen it...) who would have gotten to the ball first. The dude proceeded to cockily display the ball to the crowd...Meet LDF :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who took pleasure in watching Sammy Sosa get hit in the HEAD should seek professional help soon, because there is clearly something very wrong with you.

Baseball is a GAME. You may not like someone because of "showboating", and you have every right as a fan to do so. But to support and encourage throwing at a man's head (a man who is probably a father -- I don't know anything about his personal life) is just wrong.

If you want to stop someone from showboating, hit them in the knee or arm. You NEVER throw at someone's head (unless it's a pitcher up to bat and he threw at one of your teammates' heads -- otherwise, you DON'T do it).

And anyone who purposely throws at a player's head should be thrown in jail and charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

Guest hotsoxchick1

now far be it from me to want anyone injured...........let me first say that im glad samme is ok and it wasnt anything serious..... now that its over with we can make jokes and whatever, and yeah maybe he did need a little pop to bring him back down to earth for all the years we had to put up with his ego but i wouldnt wish it on anyone........yes it could have been as serious as molinas injury ( who i met at the flyers tryouts, nice kid) brando mentioned....and why hasnt christensen been banned for life??? he ruined a kids career his should have been stripped too......i think that everytime that samme gets to the mound now he may be a bit gun shy, i know that was a big part of molinas problem and one of the reasons he didnt make the flyers..........its too bad too cause the kid had a bright career ahead of him............

Guest hotsoxchick1
And anyone who purposely throws at a player's head should be thrown in jail and charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

*ahem*Ben Christensen*cough*

i agree he should have had a harsher punishment.........of course being on the cubs may be a lifetime sentence lol..........(ok bad joke for the topic i guess...i just couldnt help myself there though)............ :rolleyes:

and why hasnt christensen been banned for life??? he ruined a kids career his should have been stripped too......

Oh, common, it's not like Molina is disabled or anything like that. In fact, he is gainfully employed as a used-car salesman as we speak.

Guest hotsoxchick1
and why hasnt christensen been banned for life??? he ruined a kids career his should have been stripped too......

Oh, common, it's not like Molina is disabled or anything like that. In fact, he is gainfully employed as a used-car salesman as we speak.

yeah but is he gonna make millions on a contract selling cars????? in the mean time christensen signed a nice chunk of change to be on the scrubbies..........not exactly fair is it????? that little asshole should be doing hard time with a roomate named bubba instead of playing ball.........

yeah but is he gonna make millions on a contract selling cars????? in the mean time christensen signed a nice chunk of change to be on the scrubbies..........not exactly fair is it????? that little asshole should be doing hard time with a roomate named bubba instead of playing ball.........

HSC, you don't get it, it's an asshole's world--it's "either bean or get beaned" and Molina made his choice when he laced up the (oversized) jersey and stepped on the diamond.

Molina was asking for it, standing like that only 40 feet from the batter's box...hey, who knows, he was probably having impure thoughts about poor Ben's mother.....so you can say it was self-defense on Christensen's part.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i get ya now... geez us.. sorry ive been up all nite and most of today so im a little slow right now............ya know what pisses me off even more about that whole christensen/molina thing is that the asshole coach who told christensen to watch im timing his pitching and then clock him for doing it....wtf is that teaching the kids???? geez us.........id kick the s*** out of any coach that told one of my boys to injure someone on purpose.........

Guest hotsoxchick1
i get ya now... geez us.. sorry ive been up all nite and most of today so im a little slow right now................

LOL.. color blind ;)

i must be.......i didnt notice it the first time around and surely wasnt going to notice the second till i looked at it again and thought what looks different here...........i swear i have the blonde hair on today........... :D

Whenever I think of someone getting hit in the head, and the effects it can have, I think of Tony Conigliaro. The dude was a helluva hitter until that incident. It messed up his vision for years, then he could not overcome the fear factor when he did try and comeback. How anyone can intentionatly throw a baseball 90+ mph at someone's head is beyond me. You can brush them back, drill them around the waist or in the back, make them attempt to skip a rope to dodge one. You might injure someone that way, but you can kill someone by hitting them in the head. Unthinkable, to me.

You NEVER throw at someone's head (unless it's a pitcher up to bat and he threw at one of your teammates' heads -- otherwise, you DON'T do it).

Hypocrite

How so?

I'm pretty sure that Killa's saying that he thinks it's hypocritical for you to say that you should NEVER throw at the head, and then immediately after that, saying that it's okay to throw at the pitcher's head who threw at the first guy's head. If that's what Killa meant, I agree with him. You can't have it both ways - if it's wrong for one, it's wrong for all. I think Juan Cruz handled it correctly - he plunked Torres in the knee. It could have done damage, but couldn't have killed Torres. If it's me, I probably drill the guy right between the numbers on the back of his jersey.

Headhunting is low-class, no matter what.

i get ya now... geez us.. sorry ive been up all nite and most of today so im a little slow right now................

LOL.. color blind ;)

i must be.......i didnt notice it the first time around and surely wasnt going to notice the second till i looked at it again and thought what looks different here...........i swear i have the blonde hair on today........... :D

Remember, the first thing you said that goes is the brain!!! :lol:

LOL.. color blind ;)

Remember, the first thing you said that goes is the brain!!! :lol:

Yikes Heather.. can you imagine the three of us running around here brainless...??

We'd FINALLY fit right it! :D ;) :P :rolleyes: :cheers

Guest hotsoxchick1

your gonna have to be a bit older for me to go around here topless there brando........your wayyyyyyyy too young for my blood........... :D :D

heather your not supposed to remember half the stuff i say.... geez us.........and surely not supposed to remind me unless i ask......... :D

steff... dont we already do that so we fit in around here??????? :)

You NEVER throw at someone's head (unless it's a pitcher up to bat and he threw at one of your teammates' heads -- otherwise, you DON'T do it).

Hypocrite

How so?

I'm pretty sure that Killa's saying that he thinks it's hypocritical for you to say that you should NEVER throw at the head, and then immediately after that, saying that it's okay to throw at the pitcher's head who threw at the first guy's head. If that's what Killa meant, I agree with him. You can't have it both ways - if it's wrong for one, it's wrong for all. I think Juan Cruz handled it correctly - he plunked Torres in the knee. It could have done damage, but couldn't have killed Torres. If it's me, I probably drill the guy right between the numbers on the back of his jersey.

I see that point of view, but I disagree for 1 simple reason....

For the most part, the people that enjoyed watching Sammy get drilled felt that way because "he deserved it" because of the fact that he's "showboated" for years now by doing his little hop thing when he hits a HR. I don't think that is a valid reason to hit someone in the head with a deadly weapon.

Now, on the other hand, you have a pitcher up to bat who DID hit someone on your team with a deadly weapon. I feel that the pitcher made a decision by hitting that person, and they have to suffer the consequences of that action. For example, Roger Clemens and Mike Piazza. Clemens drilled Piazza in the head and pretty much knocked him out cold, and many (including myself) feel that was an intentional beaning. As a teammate of Mike's, I would want to get even with Clemens as soon as possible, and a head shot would not be out of line IMO. Turn about is fair play, and someone like Clemens made a choice, and he's going to have to live with it.

So while it can be viewed as hypocritical, I disagree for the above reason.

Hypocrite

How so?

That's exactly what I meant Critic. Thanks ;)

The worst "headhunter" in baseball is Roger Clemens.  Yet he is revered and respected at all times.

Sure, he's respected because he's one of the best pitchers of the last 25 years, and it's not only because he's a good pitcher -- it's because he has the balls to pitch inside, and if he hits somebody above the numbers, so be it. That's old school baseball. That is something that is a dying trend in the game. Very few young pitchers today are willing to throw inside on a regular basis, and that's why they end up with ERA's in the 5's, because they throw everything middle-out, instead of middle-in.

At the same time that he's respected, there are a lot of people, like Piazza, who would love to beat his ass given the opportunity, and if those guys were pitchers, it's questionable as to whether or not Roger would still bean them. If Roger was in the NL, or if the AL didn't have the DH, I don't think he would throw inside as much as he does. Guys like Curt Schilling and Kevin Brown (when healthy) would stick on in Roger's ear if he threw at one of their teammates, and Roger would think twice before doing it again.