what should we do about Frank Thomas

soxman35

whare should we put Frank  

34 members have voted

1. 1. whare should we put Frank

• should we DH him and move Carl
    • should we move Paul to DH and put Frank at First
    • or should we keep it how it is and try to get rid of frank or just not play him

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 10, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
Either that, or maybe we use Everett to replace Dye for part of the year.  (I know people complain about Everett's defense, but really, can he possibly be that much worse than what Dye is doing right now that his hitting won't make up the difference?)

Everett is a terrible, terrible outfielder. If Dye continues to slump in the field and at the plate, then maybe you consider putting Everett out there (I'd rather see Anderson get a chance before Everett in the OF). I can't believe people would advocate Everett in the outfield. He only needed one ball hit to him this year to prove he is terrible out there.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
Any game that you play Everett in the outfield, you're putting your team at a significant defense disadvantage.  Also, there's not a chance that Pods or Rowand should be taken out of the lineup.

Agreed, dye's defense has been out of this world.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 10, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
Agreed, dye's defense has been out of this world.

Come on, I never said Dye's defense had been good. It's been extremely disappointing. I don't even think he has an assist this season at home plate. However, there's absolutely no comparison between Dye and Everett in the field. Everett hasn't been exactly tearing the cover off the ball lately. Hopefully, Dye will make this a mute point by the time Frank is back.

Frank has a minor setback after running on the turf in Tampa. He's expecting to join Charlotte next week & be playing with the White Sox after their NL play ends.

He stated he will be playing with pain. It's dropped down to a level of between 6-7 after the cortizone shot & shockwave treatments. He says that's manageable to be able to hit & run the bases but he does not expect to play any 1B.

Dye & Everett are both struggling at the plate now. In Everett's case it's mostly due to nagging injuries but that has always been the risk you take when playing him.

In any case it's making the decision much easier. Thomas' 2002 OPS of 855 trounces what Everett & Dye are doing this year. You play Thomas as often as you can without risking further down time.