ARow rocks in 3-spot

ISF

Rowand is hitting the cover off the ball since moving to the #3 spot.

I think it might make sense to move Paulie down in the order and take some pressure off. Everett could bat in the cleanup spot, with Uribe/Pierzynski 5th.

Move Kong and Dye down to 6th and 7th.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 17, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
And what happens when Frank comes back? Rowand down to 5th maybe?

I like Aaron in the 3 spot, and I think Frank is on board with the whole best for the team thing now... this would be my look when Frank gets back

Pods

Iguchi

Rowand

Thomas

Everett

Konerko

AJ

Uribe

Crede

It has nice balance to it.

Also right now I would consider benching Dye for a game or two and going with this...

Pods LF

Iguchi 2B

Rowand RF

Everett DH

Konerko 1B

AJ C

Uribe SS

Crede 3B

Harris CF

QUOTE(ISF @ May 17, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
Rowand is hitting the cover off the ball since moving to the #3 spot.

I think it might make sense to move Paulie down in the order and take some pressure off. Everett could bat in the cleanup spot, with Uribe/Pierzynski 5th.

Move Kong and Dye down to 6th and 7th.

I agree...ARow in third spot....Everett at 4th until Frank is back...then Frank 4, Everett 5.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
Also right now I would consider benching Dye for a game or two and going with this...

Pods LF

Iguchi 2B

Rowand RF

Everett DH

Konerko 1B

AJ C

Uribe SS

Crede 3B

Harris CF

Willie in center is a terrible idea in my opinion. Why move A-row from his position to put a below average center fielder in that spot, it makes no sense.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 17, 2005 -> 08:26 AM)
Willie in center is a terrible idea in my opinion.  Why move A-row from his position to put a below average center fielder in that spot, it makes no sense.

I agree. During the pre-season, there was a bit of a discussion between Aaron and Pods over who was going to get to play CF - they both wanted it because lots of guys think it's easier to get hurt playing one of the corners. Aaron won't want to give up CF now that he's got it.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 17, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
Willie in center is a terrible idea in my opinion.  Why move A-row from his position to put a below average center fielder in that spot, it makes no sense.

I like the lineup. It's similar to one I suggested back when we were playing the A's and I wanted the speed out there. Somebody suggested I was a wacko for having Willie DH, but he has the good speed we need to manufacture runs and we're not losing Everetts bat. I think Ozzie had Willie as DH in a game last week which made me grin with a 'I told you so' smile. I guess you choose your poison with either the Willie in center option or Everett in right and Willie DH.

Either way I like that lineup for a few games.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 17, 2005 -> 08:49 AM)
I like the lineup.  It's similar to one I suggested back when we were playing the A's and I wanted the speed out there.  Somebody suggested I was a wacko for having Willie DH, but he has the good speed we need to manufacture runs and we're not losing Everetts bat.  I think Ozzie had Willie as DH in a game last week which made me grin with a 'I told you so' smile.  I guess you choose your poison with either the Willie in center option or Everett in right and Willie DH.

I can buy the Everett/Dye in right and Willie DHing more than I can Arow in right and Willie there. With Aaron's range, I just want him in CF, especially if we're tinkering with the lineup at all - he can help cover the gap created by sticking someone else in right.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 17, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
I can buy the Everett/Dye in right and Willie DHing more than I can Arow in right and Willie there.  With Aaron's range, I just want him in CF, especially if we're tinkering with the lineup at all - he can help cover the gap created by sticking someone else in right.

What it comes down to for me is who would be better in the OF, Willie in CF or Everett in RF. I think Willie is a much better OFer than Everett, even without the injury risk. But the main thing for me is that I want to see Dye get a couple of days off. That is what I am getting at. I have no problem with them using Everett in RF and Willie at DH or moving Iguchi to DH and using Willie to play 2B.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
I have no problem with them using Everett in RF and Willie at DH or moving Iguchi to DH and using Willie to play 2B.

That would be the best scenario, IMO. Willie has no instincts for the OF.

He has the speed to play CF, but ARow actually covers more ground because of the jump he gets on the ball.

Willie is a good defensive 2B, so is Iguchi. For consistency purposes, I think I'd slot Willie at DH, but if he's at 2B giving Iguchi a breather from the field, we don't lose much if anything defensively.

QUOTE(marsh @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
Lineup I'd like to see on a temp. basis til frank comes back.

1. Pods

2. the gooch

3. ARow

4. Uribe

5. Everett

6. AJ

7. PK

8. Dye

9. Crede

Uribe 4th?

Pods

Gooch

ARow

Hot Carl

AJ

Uribe

Dye

PK

Crede

IMO

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 17, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
Good idea. Lets have Paul bat 9th in front of Pods.....batting 9th is an important part of the lineup, and thats why I like Juan there.

Just like there are some guys that can't handle the pressure of batting at the front of the order, I think Uribe is just the opposite. Most games he doesn't even get his first at bat til the third inning. I think Uribe would feed off the pressure of batting fourth and excel at it. I think he loses concentration batting last and getting the least amount of at bats per game.

I don't understand why everyone wants Uribe to bat last. Most seem to think he should be last cause he's faster than crede. This doens't make sense to me because

1. will crede get on base enough in front of pods to make any kind of difference in keeping pods from stealing.

2. regardless of whether uribe or crede is on second in front of pods, i don't see uribe stealing third anyway.

i think it comes down to who you would rather see up at the plate. i would rather uribe get that extra at bat a game than crede.

I don't understand why everyone wants Uribe to bat last. Most seem to think he should be last cause he's faster than crede. This doens't make sense to me because

1. will crede get on base enough in front of pods to make any kind of difference in keeping pods from stealing.

2. regardless of whether uribe or crede is on second in front of pods, i don't see uribe stealing third anyway.

i think it comes down to who you would rather see up at the plate. i would rather uribe get that extra at bat a game than crede.

Uribe isn't exactly lighting the world on fire right now. Regardless, I don't think he should ever be batting that high in the lineup. He just isn't a disciplined hitter and swings at almost everything.

Can you show me stats proving that the #8 guy actually gets that many more at-bats than the #9 guy?

Does it make that much of a difference in the overall hitting stats?

Juan has shown in the past that he get on base more than Crede. So, even if Pods fails to do more than bunt Uribe over to 2nd, Iguchi can still knock him in.

Crede is an out waiting to happen, more often than not.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)
Uribe isn't exactly lighting the world on fire right now.  Regardless, I don't think he should ever be batting that high in the lineup.  He just isn't a disciplined hitter and swings at almost everything.

it's a small sample but he's killing the ball with runners on this year, and his career numbers show he's much better with runners on.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 17, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
I like the lineup.  It's similar to one I suggested back when we were playing the A's and I wanted the speed out there.  Somebody suggested I was a wacko for having Willie DH, but he has the good speed we need to manufacture runs and we're not losing Everetts bat.  I think Ozzie had Willie as DH in a game last week which made me grin with a 'I told you so' smile.  I guess you choose your poison with either the Willie in center option or Everett in right and Willie DH.

If you are hell bent having willie out there, whose speed is a wash because he cant steal bases. Then you can put him in right. CF is the most important OF position, and A-row is not moving from that spot.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
Can you show me stats proving that the #8 guy actually gets that many more at-bats than the #9 guy?

Does it make that much of a difference in the overall hitting stats?

Juan has been shown that he get on base more than Crede, in the past. So, even if Pods fails to do more than bunt Uribe over to 2nd, Iguchi can still knock him in.

Crede is an out waiting to happen, more often than not.

even if it only adds up to 15 extra at-bats a year it's worth doing it. you say yourself that crede is an out waiting to happen, isn't this the guy you want batting last?

juan always looks more dangerous at the plate than crede, plus the fact that juan can drive the ball to right field where anything on the outer half of the plate to crede is a miss or a popup.

QUOTE(marsh @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
you say yourself that crede is an out waiting to happen, isn't this the guy you want batting last?

Actually, when the game gets going, batting order doesn't mean much; only, "who bats in front of whom".

IMO, Uribe is a better guy to hit in front of Pods than Crede.

If Crede gets on, GREAT!

Uribe can knock him in.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
Actually, when the game gets going, batting order doesn't mean much; only, "who bats in front of whom".

IMO, Uribe is a better guy to hit in front of Pods than Crede.

If Crede gets on, GREAT!

Uribe can knock him in.

then why not bat uribe leadoff :bang

oh well, :cheers just have to agree to disagree.