Aramis Ramirez -- $42 million well spent!

Jabroni

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ May 25, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
ramirez will have a monster second half. Book it.

Sox fans of all people should know about early season slumps, especially after a one Paul Konerko back in 2003.

He's also had a lot of nagging injuries.

Sounds like he is having back problems... He might not finish well. It will be interesting.

I wouldn't exactly count out Beltre or Ramirez just yet. Both of these guys have a ton of talent, which is why it was so frustrating when these guys were disappointing early in their career. Beltre has certainly looked bad, but I think in the long run his numbers will be somewhere between those of this year so far and those of last season. Remember, he hit 48 homers playing most of his games at Chavez Ravine, which is definitely not a hitter's haven. Ramirez has had a couple of years that were pretty good. He was almost as solid in 2001 one for the Pirates as he was for the Cubs last year, and his combined numbers from 2003 weren't all bad. Both of them still have several years to deliver on the contracts they received.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ May 25, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
I wouldn't exactly count out Beltre or Ramirez just yet. Both of these guys have a ton of talent, which is why it was so frustrating when these guys were disappointing early in their career. Beltre has certainly looked bad, but I think in the long run his numbers will be somewhere between those of this year so far and those of last season. Remember, he hit 48 homers playing most of his games at Chavez Ravine, which is definitely not a hitter's haven. Ramirez has had a couple of years that were pretty good. He was almost as solid in 2001 one for the Pirates as he was for the Cubs last year, and his combined numbers from 2003 weren't all bad. Both of them still have several years to deliver on the contracts they received.

Mark this, Beltre will be sweet.....next time he is in a contract year.