Mike Lowell

southsideirish

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 27, 2005 -> 07:39 PM)
There's a big thread over at WSI about trading for Helton.

I believe Helton's contract calls for something like $10-12 million per year, with something like $100 million on it.  If you could get Colorado to pay something like $3 million a year for the rest of the contract, you could send back a package centered around Konerko (a year or two younger than Helton, IIRC), as well as an arm like Tracey.

Helton isn't just a Coors Field guy, and you know that Kenny isn't looking for a guy that might help us win the division.  He's gonna find the guy who's gonna help us win a title.

Todd Helton: 9-Year worth 141.5M- will make in 2003- 10.6M, in 2004- 11.6M, in 2005-12.6M, in 2006- 16.6M, in  2007-16.6M, in 2>008- 16.6M. in 2009-16.6M, in 2010-16.6M, in 2011- 19.1M and in 2012- Team option 23M or 4.6M buyout- + has ability to void deal after 2007 and become a Free Agent, if he notifies the team of his decision by Nov. 15, 2006- + he has a complete NO-TRADE clause- + BONUSES he has received: 25K bonus for 2004 All-Star, 25K for 2004 Gold Glove Agent: Michael Moye Service Time: 7.059

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 27, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)
Anyone know our realistic chances of getting Todd Helton or Adam Dunn?

:lolhitting

Seriously though, it would take ALOT more than I think Kenny would give up. After one of my finals CWSGuy and I argued with a few people about how good Adam Dunn really is. He was compared by CWSGuy to "Barry Bonds Jr." I don't think either move IS realistic at all.

Edited by Pauly8509CWS

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 27, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)

Don't you think he'd like to get out of a situation where he is almost guaranteed to never win, and go to one where he atleast has a shot?

If I had to take a guess, I'd say he would accept almost any trade, unless it were going to like Tampa Bay or Kansas City - hell, he may even accept a trade to KC.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 28, 2005 -> 03:51 AM)
Don't you think he'd like to get out of a situation where he is almost guaranteed to never win, and go to one where he atleast has a shot?

If I had to take a guess, I'd say he would accept almost any trade, unless it were going to like Tampa Bay or Kansas City - hell, he may even accept a trade to KC.

Most likely. But what i never understand is when great players resign with s***ty teams when they could have easily gotten as much if not more from a far superior team. Why would he except kansas city? Just for s***s and giggles or what?

Edited by qwerty