Flubs' players blaming the Urinal for losing ways

Jabroni

So tear it down. See who really gives a s***. The word is spreading in terms of Wrigley being not half of what it is cracked up to be. It's a dump and a hell hole. I refuse to go there no matter what's happening. So do a lot of others. And furthermore, a lot of my Cubs fans are starting to realize that Comiskey Park is a much nicer park. And who likes to pee in big tubs? Nobody.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 28, 2005 -> 03:27 AM)
The Cubs certainly lead the majors in one thing ---- excuses.

"Taylor! It's not your job to make excuses!!

THAT'S ALL YOU GUYS DO GOOD!!!

It's either a LEG thing...

or a SPIRITUAL thing....

or a PSYCHOLOGICAL THING....

or a HEART ATTACK...."

"Who used 'heart attack'?"

"....me...."

(Lou falls to ground)

:D I love that movie...

:lolhitting the more things change, the more they stay the same. Le's set the way back machine to 1969 . . .

Ultimately, however, a consensus developed among some of the players that the main reason for the Cubs' final-month collapse was fatigue, exacerbated by the Cubs' policy at the time of playing only day games at home. Noted pitcher Fergie Jenkins, "The real reason was that we had played out the string.  We were tired.  Leo [Durocher, the manager] played the regulars almost the whole season.  Billy [Williams] played 160 games, [Ron] Santo 160, Ernie [banks] 150-some, [Don] Kessinger [157] and Beckert [129] played unless they were hurt, they played all the time.  And Randy caught 150 games" (p. 419; note:  filling in of first or last names was done by me; Kessinger's and Beckert's numbers of games played appeared in brackets in the original text of the book).