F THIS WHITE SOX WINNER

AddisonStSox

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 30, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
All I can really say is that Joe Crede is flat out terrible.

Someone please save us from this guy.

Where was Ozuna in the 9th when we needed the sac bunt? I've never seen a guy in a sac situation not square up prior to the pitch. Did he think he was going to juke them?

I must admit, I was screaming at the TV when they pinch hit for Iguchi with Everett and left Timo to hit....I guess it worked out but man that was a rotten game...thankfully they Angels wanted to give it back to the Sox...Winning Ugly is still winning so I will take it!!

Since The crazy Oz is gonna be with us for awhile, we're going to need a veteran bench coach with the ability to whisper in Guillen's ear and tell him what to do, but make Ozzie thing it was his own idea.

QUOTE(Tannerfan @ May 30, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
Since The crazy Oz is gonna be with us for awhile, we're going to need a veteran bench coach with the ability to whisper in Guillen's ear and tell him what to do, but make Ozzie thing it was his own idea.

Queue a Nossek return....

Although Walker is partly to blame, he can't help that he has a bunch of worthless slugs to deal with at the plate (Cruddy, Uribe, Dead, Timo, Everett).

The problem today wasn't hitting so much as it was SITUATIONAL hitting. They had 10 hits on the game but couldn't get it done with RISP. That's what was so awful to watch.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ May 30, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
Why don't all you Greg Walker haters tell us who to hire instead of who to fire.  You're just part of the problem if you don't propose a solution.

WTF? Yeah, I guess we should all just have these prospective hitting coaches on speed dial.

Whether or not you like Walker, it's hard to argue that with the exception of Pods, Iguchi, and Rowand, our approach at the plate is awful.

1) PK is a piece of garbage on both sides of the field

2) Crede is trash, plain and simple.

3) Timo=CLUTCH :P

4) so...about that Willie Harris who can't talk a walk? :lolhitting

5) MB deserved better

6) Politte was huge

7) Konerko sucks

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 30, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)
Can you put some of our hitters with slugs for a body.

Look Alex, that was hard enough. :lol: :lol:

I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

That said, I fully agree, if our worthless warm bodies felt like hitting a baseball with runners in scoring position, we probably would have avoided that horrible f-up in the ninth.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 30, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
WHAT?!?  Expand please.  If that's true why the f*** was he warming up for two innings?

Hopefully I was hearing it right, I'm never totally sure. :D I also wasn't listening too close.

He said something to the effect that Hermy said he was feeling tight, after warming at some point today he said he couldn't go. (I think -- anyone who heard this, feel free to correct me.)

QUOTE(BobDylan @ May 30, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
Wow. b****, b****, b****. We won folks. We won. Ugly. But we won. Are you going to b**** if we win like that in the playoffs?

But the point is if this s*** keeps happening, we will never make it, or will get eaten up Scioscia, Torre, Gardenhire, etc. if we do.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ May 30, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)
WTF? Yeah, I guess we should all just have these prospective hitting coaches on speed dial.

Whether or not you like Walker, it's hard to argue that with the exception of Pods, Iguchi, and Rowand, our approach at the plate is awful.

Our approach??? So Crede's approach was good last year? Uribe didn't have any slumps? Frank actually listens to hitting coaches??