Why So Many New Franchises?

All the sudden, everyone wants a team in Chicago. The new softball team (Bandits), the new WNBA team, and now the UHL team. What the hell is going on? Are they gonna make a f***ing badminton league and have the #1 team play at the UC???

I think there is already a badminton team. Anyway, Chicago is a huge market. It's only natural to start up a franchise in a big city like Chicago. I would go to Bandits games if they were played closer. Hopefully they draw good. It's smart. I'll probably check out the WNBA team a couple of times.

Don't forget the Chicago Thunder, the Rush 2 or 3 years ago and the pro volleyball team that was playing at St. Xavier(don't know if they're still playing).

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
I think there is already a badminton team. Anyway, Chicago is a huge market. It's only natural to start up a franchise in a big city like Chicago. I would go to Bandits games if they were played closer. Hopefully they draw good. It's smart. I'll probably check out the WNBA team a couple of times.

Don't forget the Chicago Thunder, the Rush 2 or 3 years ago and the pro volleyball team that was playing at St. Xavier(don't know if they're still playing).

The pro volleyball team was the Chicago Thunder and they aren't playing anymore to my knowledge

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:49 PM)
why in god's name would you go to a WNBA game?

Uhh, maybe to get some work done or read a book..The libraries aren't as quiet as they use to be and you're guaranteed peace and quiet at a WNBA game...

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
The pro volleyball team was the Chicago Thunder and they aren't playing anymore to my knowledge

So the soccer team took their name huh?

Anyway, I would go to a WNBA game because

1)I'm supportive of Chicago sports

2)They're playing their home games at my school

3)It's something to do when I have downtime

4)Cheap tickets

Just because it's a woman's sport doesn't mean it isn't good.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
why in god's name would you go to a WNBA game?

Why not? Do you have any daughters who play sports? Thats a really good attitude to pass along to them, that their sports don't matter. If I remember correctly in the Olympics, the women's soccer, basketball and softball teams all won gold medals. What did their male counterparts do?

Why not? Do you have any daughters who play sports? Thats a really good attitude to pass along to them,  that their sports don't matter. If I remember correctly in the Olympics,  the women's soccer, basketball and softball teams all won gold medals.  What did their male counterparts do?

Just because they won gold medals doesnt mean they are enjoybale to watch, it just means they are better than other countries women.. Women sports are boring, but your obviously a woman so this is pointless to argue with you because of course youll take the girls side..

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
The Indoor soccer team is the Chicago Storm, not Chicago Thunder, just FYI.

Also, WNBA has always been meh to me, but women's soccer and/or volley can pique my interest occasionally.

I knew it had to be something similar. I could also understand if you(not talking to you directly farm) don't like the WNBA, but to say Woman's sports don't matter or is boring is just dumb. I consider women's volleyball to be better than men's. I also consider women's tennis to be much better. WNBA has some of my interest and I like baseball/softball, so naturally I would go see the Bandits(again, they're pretty far though, so I might be going to 1 game if I'm lucky).

I watched the game. Australia is supposed to be a damn good team and Jennie Finch pitched a 2 hitter against them(a hit in the 6th and another in the 7th, right through her legs). It was pretty decent. Looks like they had a nice crowd too. I'm glad to see them getting support. Jennie did come out of her way to sign with Chicago.