Allow me to open a big, fat can of worms.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
You guys are hilarious. I don't know how many times I have to keep saying I'm not a cubs fan.

Then stop slurping the cubs....thats what fans do, back up their team and start meaningless threads about them. You are a cubs fan, face it.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
Mods, what the hell? there was plenty enough Sox talk in this thread to keep it in the Sox forum. Overmoderating a little?

its not a sox thread, its a cubs thread, therefore it should be in around the horn, got it, good? :finger

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
Totally unbiased? :headshake

If anything, I'd be biased against the Cubs. I recognize their deficiencies. They also play in the weakest division in baseball by a country mile with one of the largest payrolls and can run away with the WC if they get a good run going. Arizona is going to do a bigtime fade and the NL Least is too balanced to provide the WC.

I feel like I've said this several times already, but the Cubs have been catching teams when they are struggling recently and their schedule gets much tougher. Let me outline this more fully this time. Look back at the start of May, they lost 2 of 3 in Houston, got swept in Miluakee and took 2 out of three from the Mets, followed by another lost series to the Nationals. Then things got a little easier. With the 3 game series with the Sox sandwiched in between, they two from the Pirates, two of three from Houston at home, three of four from the Rockies, swept the Dodgers, and took three of four from San Diego. The Pirates have been mediocre at best, the Astros and Rockies suck, LA has fallen off the face of the earth since their hot start, and they caught a bad stretch from the Padres with some bad pitchers taking the hill. From now until the All-star break, they're going to have to play some much tougher games. They start with 3 against Toronto (29-28), then host Boston (31-25) and Florida (28-26). Then they have a 10 game road trip at New York (28-28), Miluakee (26-30), and The Sox (37-19). Then they come home for 3 more with Miluakee and 3 with Washington (31-26) before a road trip to Atlanta (30-26) and Florida. There isn't a single easy series in the stretch (maybe Brewers at home, but they usually play the Cubs tough). Because of that, I'd be shocked if they are more than a couple of games over .500 (I expect them to be a couple under after this) by the time the All-star break comes, especially considering these "reinforcements" you keep mentioning are all about a month away from returning given the best case scenario.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Maybe it's just me, but I've seen nothing that Hideaway Lights has done wrong in this thread.

He's defended his points, and really, the people that are resorting to, "Oh, he's just a Cubs fan, ban him." look pretty dumb. It also shows that ya really can't argue with/debate someone if you're gonna resort to the name calling.

I don't agree with Lights' opinion, but I'm not gonna go start calling him a "Cubs fan" or any of that BS. I guess I don't really have a strong enough opinion on the subject to debate it. We're not in the same division, we play six times a year. I'll debate who's better when/if we meet in the Series.

Oh, and not everyone in this thread did that, actually, barely anyone. I just saw a couple of posts leaning that way. Serves me right for not reading the whole thread... :bang

Edited by CWSGuy406