What move will the Sox make to bring up Gload?

Jabroni

What move will the Sox make to bring up Gload?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What move will the Sox make to bring up Gload?

• Frank will be put on the DL.
    • Ozuna will be designated for assignment.
    • Timo will be designated for assignment.
    • Willie will be optioned to Charlotte.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's Timo either being sent down/designated for assignment, but I just don't think it will be.

I read one article today that strongly suggested it could be Ozuna, which really freaking scared me. It wouldn't even leave us a backup 3b aside from Widge.

With Everett in the outfield as a 2nd order backup behind Ozuna, the only one that really makes sense is letting Timo go, because he's an outfielder, and Ozuna and Everett can both play his spots.

I just don't know if it will happen.

I hope it's Timo either being sent down/designated for assignment, but I just don't think it will be.

I read one article today that strongly suggested it could be Ozuna, which really freaking scared me.  It wouldn't even leave us a backup 3b aside from Widge.

With Everett in the outfield as a 2nd order backup behind Ozuna, the only one that really makes sense is letting Timo go, because he's an outfielder, and Ozuna and Everett can both play his spots.

I just don't know if it will happen.

Ozuna could not be designated for assignment for the reason you just listed. He is our only backup 3rd baseman and true SS. I don't consider Willie a true backup SS.

Because it makes sense to designate Timo for assignment, I don't expect that to happen. I'd like to add several more derogatory comments about Timo and Ozzie, but those are only fit for the chatroom.

I don't believe Thomas will be placed on the DL, either. Minimum amount of days one can be on the DL is 15 days. Sox travel along the West Coast for only one week. He may not be useful in Colorado or San Diego, but he'll undoubtedly find himself in the lineup against Los Angeles and Arizona at home. I know his bat will be useful against those two clubs.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
Roger.  So the move to bring up Gload will likely be made by the end of this weekend.  We head to Colorado on Monday and we will need another 1st baseman by then.

Hmph, I figure Colorado is the 1 place where I wouldn't care if we had another 1st baseman. That's the 1 park in the league where I want paulie to have a chance to hit. As much as humanly possible.

It sure can't hurt a slumping offense to visit Coors field.

The only 2 moves that make sense to me for this team are moving Willie or Moving Timo. Both of them have people who play their positions, and moving either of them would leave us still having backups at each spot in the lineup.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
Roger.  So the move to bring up Gload will likely be made by the end of this weekend.  We head to Colorado on Monday and we will need another 1st baseman by then.

Sorry. I was being extremely sarcastic.

I'm anticipating Frank will be put in the DL.

Forgot the green.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
Sorry.  I was being extremely sarcastic.

I'm anticipating Frank will be put in the DL.

Forgot the green.

Thomas plays this upcoming series against Cleveland and experiences no pain, I wouldn't expect him on the DL. As I said in my last post, losing him two series on the West Coast against national league teams will also mean he's gone for two home series the following week. Not worth it unless he truly needs the time to heal.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
I think Timo played is way off the roster last night.  Oz gave him a chance to compete for Ross Gload's role and he blew it.

Why should timo even be considered for gload's role? No one knows. :headshake

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
I think Timo played is way off the roster last night.  Oz gave him a chance to compete for Ross Gload's role and he blew it.

You know, that's a good point I overlooked until now.

Most (including myself) thought Guillen placed Timo at 1st because he was, in Guillen's mind, the best option. While it merely may have been a move intended to determine whether or not Timo can field 1B for the upcoming national league games. If Timo PH's for Konerko late in a game, he needs to field the position.

Timo proved his uselessness. For all his detractors, his bobble filled night yesterday may save our club from several more months of OMIT.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
Thomas plays this upcoming series against Cleveland and experiences no pain, I wouldn't expect him on the DL. As I said in my last post, losing him two series on the West Coast against national league teams will also mean he's gone for two home series the following week. Not worth it unless he truly needs the time to heal.

He will not be painfree. The key will be to see if he can deal with the pain and not compensate to the point of causing other problems. That's when they need to make a decision.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

For future notice, Gload, Willie Harris and Timo Perez all have options still remaining, although Perez is unlikely to move from the active roster. Utility player Pablo Ozuna is out of options, meaning he would have to clear waivers if designated for assignment when Gload returns. [/quote[

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
Don't be shocked by a trade of some sort which sorts out these roster issues.

I agree. Usually by the time trade rumors surrounding KW become public they are almost completed. I don't know if it is the current rumor but something will happen.