Cleveland Indians@Chicago Whitesox 6-3-05

kman

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 06:49 AM)
I hope so. I am scared that the Twins are going to be within a game of us or even overtake us by the All-Star break.

That friggin team is relentless.

We were ahead of the Twins at the ASB last year, just for some perspective. Well, hopefully we can beat up on the Indians and the Yankees can beat up on the Twins.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
They'll probably draw 73,000 for the entire weekend series.

They should be drawing at least 90,000 for the weekend. I know most of the people on this board attend games, but the attendance is really starting to piss me off.

QUOTE(BigNDfan80 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:45 AM)
You shouldn't have a problem, it looks like there's way too many tickets available as usual.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:47 AM)
They'll probably draw 73,000 for the entire weekend series.

QUOTE(BigNDfan80 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)
They should be drawing at least 90,000 for the weekend.  I know most of the people on this board attend games, but the attendance is really starting to piss me off.

I have an idea why doesn't someone make a thread where they complain about the attendance. These threads are scarse and must be made more often. Those types of threads are always appreciated and well received.

Hernandez draws Indians

06/02/2005 1:04 AM ET

By Kelly Thesier / MLB.com

Home-field advantage has taken on a whole new meaning for the Chicago White Sox.

A 17-7 record at home this season, second best in the Majors behind San Diego, has the Sox thankful to be seeing another three-game home series. The White Sox will face a division rival, the Cleveland Indians, beginning on Friday at U.S. Cellular Field.

Pitching has been a big key for that great record, as the Sox lead the American League with a 3.20 ERA at home.

Orlando Hernandez will try to add to that stat as he will be making his first start for the Sox since being placed on the 15-day disabled list with tightness in his shoulder. Hernandez struggled in his last start, only lasting 2 2/3 innings and giving up six earned runs against Texas on May 15.

The Indians have not been kind to Hernandez in his career, as El Duque is 2-6 with a 4.76 ERA lifetime against the Tribe.

Pitching matchup:

CLE: RHP Jake Westbrook

•  2-7, 5.03 ERA in 2005

•  0-1, 1.13 ERA vs. CWS in 2005

CWS: RHP Orlando Hernandez

•  5-1, 3.91 ERA in 2005

•  0-1, 7.20 ERA vs. CLE in 2005

Player to watch

Carl Everett is 5-for-13 against Westbrook with a double, a triple and four RBIs.

Quotable

"You want to win series. In the process of winning series, if you can win eight or nine or 10, then that's good. But you always want to win at least two out of three. I think if we did that every series all year, we're going to win it. So take the series first and worry about the streaks later." -- Everett on team's ability to win series after series

I think tonight will be a tough one as Hernandez gets hit up for at least 4 runs.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 05:49 AM)
I hope so. I am scared that the Twins are going to be within a game of us or even overtake us by the All-Star break.

That friggin team is relentless.

They're also just about as banged up right now as we were coming out of Oakland. They're primed for a skid, like the one we've been on where we're playing barely above .500 ball.

Of course...they are also playing the Yankees...fresh off a sweep by KC

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
I think tonight will be a tough one as Hernandez gets hit up for at least 4 runs.

I just hope we can finally get to Westbrook, we've made him look like an all-star so far this year.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
I have an idea why doesn't someone make a thread where they complain about the attendance. These threads are scarse and must be made more often. Those types of threads are always appreciated and well received.

I'll pass on that, but I still think it sucks that we're not getting at least 30,000 to every game by now.