College Baseball Playoffs Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
Friend of mine's brother was in the world Series, Ted Rosinski on UIC.  His dad was also the 4th pick overall of the Cubs in 1976.

Isn't there a Rosinski somewhere up on the North Shore doing pretty well? I read something about him on the Trib or the internet somewhere, I forget where.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 01:51 AM)
Thanks.  I haven't really followed the CWS before this year, mainly b/c none of "my" teams have been in it, so I'm guessing that the Super Regionals are single elimination.

this is my first time following it, basically because i actually watched my team's games a few times.

The whole thing sitll confuses the hell out of me.

No no no no, no--theres no f***ing way Fullerton just won that game.

They just scored on a f***ing thrown away pickoff and a balk on an IBB...WHAT THE f***

That balk call was some serious bulls***, you can't decide a game like that.

:fyou ump, thats some huge BS

Edited by WHarris1

Fullerton was going to win at that point and you know it.

That's the beauty of college baseball. One baserunner gets on late in a one run game and the pitchers and defense crap their pants. Georgia Tech-Tennessee was surprising because I was expecting them to single the tying run in and he hits a HR. Also, watching FSU get owned by Florida is always fun, regardless of the sport.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
Fullerton was going to win at that point and you know it.

Besides the point. You let the players decide the game not some s***ty ass balk call.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)
Besides the point.  You let the players decide the game not some s***ty ass balk call.

No, it's exactly the point. It's not worth getting up in arms about.

Nebraska has just clinched a spot in the CWS. Clemson beat Baylor 4-2. Tennessee is a few innings away from knocking out G Tech with a 10-1 lead in the 6th.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
No, it's exactly the point. It's not worth getting up in arms about.

Nebraska has just clinched a spot in the CWS. Clemson beat Baylor 4-2. Tennessee is a few innings away from knocking out G Tech with a 10-1 lead in the 6th.

Unless of course you like the game being decided by the umpire...

Yikes, Bogu got rocked by Rice.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
No no no no, no--theres no f***ing way Fullerton just won that game.

They just scored on a f***ing thrown away pickoff and a balk on an IBB...WHAT THE f***

That balk call was some serious bulls***, you can't decide a game like that.

:fyou ump, thats some huge BS

Nah, its fantastic in my book :lol:

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
Jeff Clement is a stud. Jason, you are nuts to think he is overrated. I'd take a bat like his at 1B if his defense at catcher isn't good enough. Despite 2 HRs in 2 games, Clement's USC team fell to Oregon St.

That was an awesome series. And I've long said Clement is a legit hitter, I just think teams are nuts to think he'll make it as a catcher.

Too bad for my Titans, but ASU was the better team that series. Fullerton's staff was too banged up and realistically the Sun Devils dominated them in all 3 games. Still, it makes me sick to think Fullerton blew a 7-2 lead.

Gonna be a fun series though because I really don't think there is any runaway favorite this year.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
Hochaver is getting bombed. If it wasn't for some incredible outfield defense, he'd be dead and buried already.

Yeah, this is the 2nd start I've seen from him and I'm not at all impressed by either start. In the super regionals against G Tech he walked like 5 guys in 7 innings despite shutting down the offense. I'm just not sure that he is worth anything close to what he is demanding.

Also LaPorta, a sophomore 1B from Florida that was named 1st team All-America by BA, hit a 390 ft bomb earlier in the game. He has a national best 25 HRs on the season. I'd love to land a guy like him in next year's draft, but it seems doubtful he could fall to us.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
Yeah, this is the 2nd start I've seen from him and I'm not at all impressed by either start. In the super regionals against G Tech he walked like 5 guys in 7 innings despite shutting down the offense. I'm just not sure that he is worth anything close to what he is demanding.

Also LaPorta, a sophomore 1B from Florida that was named 1st team All-America by BA, hit a 390 ft bomb earlier in the game. He has a national best 25 HRs on the season. I'd love to land a guy like him in next year's draft, but it seems doubtful he could fall to us.

Being a 1st baseman, there is probably a decent shot he'd go somewhere in the mid 1st to 2nd round. Usually guys from what are dubbed "more important" positions go in the top tier of the 1st round. I don't know much about his defense and whether he has the ability to shift to the OF, if thats the case than he could very well be a super early pick with the way he's hitting.

Micah Owings looked pretty solid the little I saw of him. Nice fastball, sliders looks good at times, but still has to work on it and add another quality offspeed pitch.

But he has a good pitchers body, maintains velocity, and is a good athlete. Of course he's a hell of a hitter too.

But did you all see that webgem by Bogusevic with the bases loaded and 2 outs to save Owings in the 5th or 6th?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
But did you all see that webgem by Bogusevic with the bases loaded and 2 outs to save Owings in the 5th or 6th?

Yeah and he made a hell of a throw, it had no importance, but the play at 2nd was a closer than it should have been on a tough play. Bogu played a ball off the wall, turned, and fired a strike.