College Baseball Playoffs Thread

Chisoxfn

Didn't see one and there definately should be one :)

Anyway regionals are over for quite a few teams, however my Titans pulled off two wins last night (Pedroza was huge in both games...game winning homer and catch in game 1 while hitting a big 3 run homer in the 2nd game).

They will play Arizona today at 6 Pacific time to see who moves on. The winner will play Arizona State.

GO TITANS :cheers :headbang

Also if for some reason USC advances on I think if they get a game televised in the next regional you should try and watch Sophmore Ian Kennedy. The guy is absolutely sick. He'll be a top 5 pick in next years draft barring injury and has been getting comparisons to Prior.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rice, Georgia Tech, Texas, Tulane, and Baylor are all moving on (Baylor beat Stanford).

USC is up 2-0 over Pepperdine. Like I said earlier, if they advance and their 2nd game is televised you'll all have to check out Ian Kennedy. Total stud. Him and Mizzu's sophmore pitcher (name escapes me at the moment but I think its Max something) are gonna be really fun to watch next year.

My brother and I were watching UNC face Florida (or it might have been Notre Dame). Anyways, he said that the kid on UNC is one of the best sophomores in college baseball -- can't think of the name right now, but he's a southpaw. He looked pretty good, too -- and, it's real nice 'cause they're broadcasting it in high definition. :)

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)
When are games going to start being on ESPN?

I wanna watch Cesar

The super regionals will all be televised on ESPN. Obviously they will only broadcast some of the games, but those start on Friday.

My brother and I were watching UNC face Florida (or it might have been Notre Dame). Anyways, he said that the kid on UNC is one of the best sophomores in college baseball -- can't think of the name right now, but he's a southpaw. He looked pretty good, too -- and, it's real nice 'cause they're broadcasting it in high definition.

It was Andrew Miller. He's a big lefty at 6'5 210 pounds and has a nice 93-94mph fastball and some nasty stuff. But Daniel Bard also a sophomore probably has better stuff with a 95mph heater. But the best pitcher UNC had this year was another sophomore named Robert Woodard, he's trying to join Miller and Bard as 1st round picks next year. UNC has amazing pitching depth, they just are too young and couldn't hit or field this year.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
Gotta finish the more imporant NCAA Softball games first. UGH

I was puking this weekend. The paper in Iowa showed college baseball on ESPN and I turned only to see it was softball. UGGGH.

ESPN needs to televise these on their big boys, not on ESPNU which almost no one gets (unless your living in a college dorm).

6-2 Fullerton in the bottom of the 6th

3-2 USC in the top of the 4th

I spoke too soon on Tulane advancing. They are up 7-4 in the bottom of the 7th over Alabama. Micah Owings (very good two way player) has pitched 7 strong innings for Tulane. Its game 6 and I think Tulane will advance with a win.

Tulane gets in. Owings pitched very strong en route to a 7-4 victory over Alabama.

Fullerton is up 6-3 in the top of the 9th. Arizona has scored a run in the inning . There are two on and two outs in the Fullerton game.

USC is up 5-2 in the top of the 7th.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
USC is up 2-0 over Pepperdine.  Like I said earlier, if they advance and their 2nd game is televised you'll all have to check out Ian Kennedy.  Total stud.  Him and Mizzu's sophmore pitcher (name escapes me at the moment but I think its Max something) are gonna be really fun to watch next year.

Max Scherzer is the Mizzou stud that I'm gonna get to watch a lot next year. :D

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
Max Scherzer is the Mizzou stud that I'm gonna get to watch a lot next year. :D

Snap, I forgot all about that Dan. With all that talk we had on AIM I completely zoned out to the fact that you'll get to catch some of the Tiger games.

Wes Roemer was dynomite for the Titans going 8 innings (after pitching 72 hr's ago) while picking up the win and was also the regional mvp.

USC held on to win 5-2 as well so the field is set.

My Titans are slated to play Arizona State this weekend at the Super Regional. I'm assuming Fullerton will be the home team but that hasn't been announced.

I'm just glad my Ole Miss Rebels advanced. They're who I'm rootin' for to win it all. And, yes, I know it's highly unlikely they'll do that.

Also, I'm glad that U of Tenn. advanced. That's probably where I'll go to school since I can get a couple of scholarships if I go there, and basically get paid to go to college. It'll be nice having very minimal college loans to pay back, especially if I go to dental school (which is what I really want to do, as of now anyway) b/c then I'll really rack up the loans. :lol:

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
Does anyone have a list of the match-ups for the Super Regionals?

Tulane vs Rice

USC vs Oregon State

Mississippi vs Texas

Clemson vs Baylor

Georgia Tech vs Tennessee

Florida State vs Florida

Fullerton vs Arizona State

Miami vs Nebraska

Those are both sides of the bracket.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 06:45 AM)
Tulane vs Rice

USC vs Oregon State

Mississippi vs Texas

Clemson vs Baylor

Georgia Tech vs Tennessee

Florida State vs Florida

Fullerton vs Arizona State

Miami vs Nebraska

Those are both sides of the bracket.

Thanks. I haven't really followed the CWS before this year, mainly b/c none of "my" teams have been in it, so I'm guessing that the Super Regionals are single elimination.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
Thanks.  I haven't really followed the CWS before this year, mainly b/c none of "my" teams have been in it, so I'm guessing that the Super Regionals are single elimination.

Super Regionals are a best of 3 situation.