How do we wake up the sleeping Giant?

southsider2k5

If KWs the one telling JM to pur in White, thens he a freakin moron. But I doubt this is the case. Why wouldnt Reinsdorf do something about it? And why would JM even stay if hes just under a dictator (contract :huh: )? It doesnt make sense. But whatever the case, JM has no motivation or fire...

If KWs the one telling JM to pur in White, thens he a freakin moron. But I doubt this is the case. Why wouldnt Reinsdorf do something about it? And why would JM even stay if hes just under a dictator (contract :huh: )? It doesnt make sense. But whatever the case, JM has no motivation or fire...

how long was krause was with the bulls before he was fired?

I don't think now is the time though. I mean, let's be realistic, the sox are at 12-10 and are going up against some big teams in the Twins and A's, so we can't just fire him before this.

Devil's advocate:

Teams usually experience a spike of success following a managerial change. Why NOT do it before a big stretch of games?

I'd MUCH rather see a change made rather than watch another West Coast annihilation. I'm starting to think that, as others have mentioned, that the Sox are doomed to another "too little too late" season unless some sort of statement is made soon.

Devil's advocate:

Teams usually experience a spike of success following a managerial change. Why NOT do it before a big stretch of games?

Exactly what I've been advocating if we lost 2 or 3 to Baltimore (already happened) and 2 or 3 to Minnesota. July is too f***ing late for a managerial change. End of April, and the season could, possibly, be salvaged.

Better make a change now, before it is too late. If were going to make a change, we can't wait, we got to get it done. We can't waste this teams talent, by waiting until were out of it to make a change.

That being said were far from being out of it.

Baggs said:

i was jerry's biggest supporter until how he mishandled the foulke situation..it still bothers me to talk bad about his performance and i want to defend him when i see others who have been ripping him from day one do it in an unfair way...but i think we are almost to the point where the only thing that will make this team play to potential is the firing of manuel..

if the players really like and admire manuel then this west coast road trip should be their chance to save his job...because if we come back with our tails between our legs he has to go...that should be made clear to the players too...and it should also be made clear that player changes will be made along with jerry going should this happen

they should all know they are playing for their jobs on this next road trip..then we will see who wants to play and who doesnt

How can anybody argue withi Baggs? He is 100 percent correct.

This is the correct take on the situation.

This is it. Does anybody disagree with Baggs? He hit the nail on el head.

What ideas do people have to fire up this team again? 

Fire Jerry?

Bench clearing brawl?

Closed door clubhouse meeting?

Call ups such as Harris, Borchard, Ginter, Almonte, etc...?

Extending benchings of slumpers

Rearrange bullpen order, getting Glover and Wunsch into later roles?

:bang

Ya know...a bench clearing brawl doesn't sound too bad right about now.

We're playing the hated Twins, and the Sox HAVE to be getting frustrated at this point -- so a brawl is very possible sometime this series.

I'm convinced that Frank is 1 HBP from the wrong pitcher away from charging and kicking some MAJOR ass. He's been hit 5 times already, and if someone on the Twins hits him and looks at Frank the wrong way afterwards, I think it'll be on.

:bringit

Guest hotsoxchick1

more fans should jump on the field and kick the daylights out of who ever is not performing.............theres justice for ya......hey we paid to see a good game not a slumber party right.......... ;)

What ideas do people have to fire up this team again? 

Fire Jerry?

Bench clearing brawl?

Closed door clubhouse meeting?

Call ups such as Harris, Borchard, Ginter, Almonte, etc...?

Extending benchings of slumpers

Rearrange bullpen order, getting Glover and Wunsch into later roles?

:bang

The call-ups of Willie Harris and Joe Borchard would bring revived energy for thist team...no more Julio Ramirez the II (Aaron Rowand.)

CWSOX45

I just can't believe that KW gives JM a game plan before every game and then calls the dugout to give him directions. It doesn't make sense and any self respecting manager wouldn't stand for it. Those stories are probably born out of frustration with past poor trades and our inability to play like a winner.

What we need isa manager to be more aggessive in making things happen and for players to turn their frustration into concentrated effort to turn things around. The best case scenario I can think of is tonights game where Garland steps up and shows his ability and it translates into a win and brings the rest of the guys up to the level we know they can play at.

If they don't... well it's a long and hot summer

Guest hotsoxchick1
I just can't believe that KW gives JM a game plan before every game and then calls the dugout to give him directions. It doesn't make sense and any self respecting manager wouldn't stand for it. Those stories are probably born out of frustration with past poor trades and our inability to play like a winner.

What we need isa manager to be more aggessive in making things happen and for players to turn their frustration into concentrated effort to turn things around. The best case scenario I can think of is tonights game where Garland steps up and shows his ability and it translates into a win and brings the rest of the guys up to the level we know they can play at.

look into the dugout sometime and see whos standing in the doorway when he should be riding his tower with jr...............and on nites when hes not standing there notice how many times jm is on the phone.....he may as well have that thing glued to his ear on some nites......kw has him play who kw wants to see on the field......jm is nothing more than a mere puppet in the dugout............ the whole story will come out soon enough...........fireworks are about to ignite and i dont mean the homer ones from the scoreboard either.......... ;)

Roman.. curious.. exactly how many times is it that you've actually met JM..? Had a conversation with him..? Heard him speak more than 30 seconds on the news.. or 2 minutes on the radio..?

My point is that you don't know s*** about how he is in the clubhouse or what kind of motivator he is.

Have you heard ONE player dish s*** about him after leaving the Sox..? I haven't.. but I've heard a few bad mouth Kenny. But nope.. you're right and the world's all wrong. Gotcha  ;)

i am not siding with anyone, but steff, have you heard of kw still calling the shots during the game as he was last yr.

Yes LDF I have heard of that as well as "meetings" before EVERY game where JM is given a plan of action with several scenerios and what he "should" do in those instances. Now I didn't get to see the game last night (family issues) but I was told that when he made the change to White last night that he looked "pained"..? Like it wasn't something he wanted to do?

And Roman.. Rick did NOT ask for the day off. He asked Cooper if he could get a day off "soon". He did not say he needed off last night, he did not tell Cooper that he was not feeling well. This is a fact straight from a players mouth.

Steff for whatever it's worth I like reading you. I work in an information related field and you appear to be a real good source as are others here. Assuming you are correct about Manuel being puppeted he needs to tell KW where to shove it.

look into the dugout sometime and see whos standing in the doorway when he should be riding his tower with jr...............and on nites when hes not standing there notice how many times jm is on the phone.....he may as well have that thing glued to his ear on some nites......kw has him play who kw wants to see on the field......jm is nothing more than a mere puppet in the dugout............ the whole story will come out soon enough...........fireworks are about to ignite and i dont mean the homer ones from the scoreboard either.......... ;)

I will be watching WGN tonight so I will pay attention to the dugout shots and see what I can see. It still doesn't sound right, but if the story breaks there will be hell to pay.