Jackson Verdict is in...

Steff

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
Did you hear them mention bail? Because that confused the hell out of me.

I heard that the judge has the right to grant him bail because he is definitely a flight risk... then they said something else but my phone rang. Do you recall what they said?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
where the f*** is Jackson gonna go and not be recognized?

He doesn't have to go somewhere to hide... just somewhere that doesn't extridite (sp?). i.e.. Roman Polanski...

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
I heard that the judge has the right to grant him bail because he is definitely a flight risk... then they said something else but my phone rang. Do you recall what they said?

I think the anchor was asking about whether they would set bail, but the correspondent said they would only read the verdict. I don't know if they'd do sentencing today if he was guilty or what, I don't think they would. But bail doesn't make sense to me. If he's guilty of something warranting jailtime he goes away in police custody. If he is guilty of the more minor charges, he goes on probation or whatever. And then if he's not guilty of everything, he goes home. Right?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
Really..? IMO that was the hardest to prove.

I just think that would be a lesser crime that they can stick on him with no jail time but mabe appease some people. I don't even know if the jury is looking at this as a normal case and taking into account all of the evidence.

They said the crowd outside the courthouse is going to reach 1000 people.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
I think the anchor was asking about whether they would set bail, but the correspondent said they would only read the verdict.  I don't know if they'd do sentencing today if he was guilty or what, I don't think they would.  But bail doesn't make sense to me.  If he's guilty of something warranting jailtime he goes away in police custody.  If he is guilty of the more minor charges, he goes on probation or whatever.  And then if he's not guilty of everything, he goes home.  Right?

That's what I would think.. unless he's guilty of the lesser charges (conspiracy) he might get bail, but after being processed. At least that's what I think.