Damaso Marte

jerseysox

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
i didn't get a chance to see any of the game last night. (i was forced to attend pirates-yankees). but i just noticed marte's line. what happened? any chance he took a bullet from a sniper on the way to the dugout?

No sniper..I'm sure he's not 100% and don't be surprised to see him go on the DL this week. We need to get another healthy arm up here..pronto

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
i didn't get a chance to see any of the game last night. (i was forced to attend pirates-yankees). but i just noticed marte's line. what happened? any chance he took a bullet from a sniper on the way to the dugout?

maybe you need to check the box scores, lol.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
I don't think there is too much of a problem with his arm but more of mechanics and confidence issues. He still has good velocity sometimes.

Mechanics could be related to an arm problem. Or they could in fact cause an arm problem. Ask Kerry Wood.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
Mechanics could be related to an arm problem.  Or they could in fact cause an arm problem.

Exactly.........how long can you expect a side-armer to be useful/reliable? Name 1 who pitched well for a long-time?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
Exactly.........how long can you expect a side-armer to be useful/reliable? Name 1 who pitched well for a long-time?

Dan Quisenberry, Kent Tekulve, the guy who had the record for most games pitched at one time