What's your Absolut Flavor

Soxy

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
Stoli is poison. :puke

It's Russian, so it's a bit strong. Nothing is stronger than K-19 Russian Submarine vodka, though. If you think Skol is rough, find a bottle of this and you'll gag for minutes.

But I've been told that I was seen drinking from a bottle of Stoli at a house party that I co-threw...half the bottle...while blacked out. It wasn't surprising when I woke up in some girl's room at 530 that morning.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
It's Russian, so it's a bit strong. Nothing is stronger than K-19 Russian Submarine vodka, though. If you think Skol is rough, find a bottle of this and you'll gag for minutes.

But I've been told that I was seen drinking from a bottle of Stoli at a house party that I co-threw...half the bottle...while blacked out. It wasn't surprising when I woke up in some girl's room at 530 that morning.

It was surprising that she peed standing up, though.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 06:04 PM)

It's not really that it's strong, it's just nasty as all hell. Well, I hope you were still able to 'handle business' ;)

My wife used to work with a lot of Polish people. One of them gave me a bottle of moonshine vodka to try as a X-Mas present. No lie, my throat was not the same for like 2 days after just ONE shot. My voice was hoarse, I couldn't taste my food. It was rocket fuel.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:00 PM)
I prefer Svedka over anything else really. Cheap and smooth, and I haven't blacked out while drinking it (how I love you, Stolichnaya and K-19 Russian Submarine vodka).

I have recently discovered SVEDKA and it now populates my freezer.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
It's not really that it's strong, it's just nasty as all hell. Well, I hope you were still able to 'handle business' ;)

My wife used to work with a lot of Polish people. One of them gave me a bottle of moonshine vodka to try as a X-Mas present. No lie, my throat was not the same for like 2 days after just ONE shot. My voice was hoarse, I couldn't taste my food.  It was rocket fuel.

A high school friend has been living in Moscow for a couple of years. Got married over there (mail order bride in reverse I guess), and has become fairly assimilated. He was a pretty formidable drinker before, but now that he's been drinking vodka like water with the Moscovites he's got to be Olympic class. He moves back to the states in August. I won't be challenging him to a drinking contest.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
A high school friend has been living in Moscow for a couple of years.  Got married over there (mail order bride in reverse I guess), and has become fairly assimilated.  He was a pretty formidable drinker before, but now that he's been drinking vodka like water with the Moscovites he's got to be Olympic class.  He moves back to the states in August.  I won't be challenging him to a drinking contest.

I bet. We went to a holiday party at a Russian restaurant a few years ago and they had pitchers of water set up on the tables. So, I fill up my glass, only to find out it was vodka!! Then of course, not wanting to look like a lightweight forced myself to down this huge glass over the course of the evening. I was lit up.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
vodka flavor.

Call me whacky.

Well let's make it four whacky people here, because vodka flavored vodka is fine by me. :P

However, I'm defintely a Grey Goose person. It's head and shoulders above most vodkas in my mind, and it's worth the price tag. Grey Goose and tonic or Grey Goose and Red Bull is right up my alley (even though I hear the red bull/vodka is bad for you...don't know how bad or true, but that's the rumor)

At bars though I feel lucky when I just get Smirnoff as the house vodka. At school it's even worse because they like to whip out the bottles with black labels and big red death letters on them and call it the "house vodka". Talk about hangover city....but at least it's cheap ($2.50 mixed drinks ain't bad) :ph34r: