A's (14-10) @ White Sox (14-11) thread

SoxFan1

The 1st game of a 3 game homestand against the A's. Gametime is 7:05 CT and the starters are:

Oakland: LHP Barry Zito- 3-2, 2.91 ERA

White Sox :RHP Bartolo Colon- 2-1, 3.97 ERA

Zito is 3-1, with a 3.86 lifetime ERA vs. the Sox and Colon is 2-1, with a 5.75 lifetime ERA vs. Oakland.

Paul Konerko should be well-rested for the Oakland series. The White Sox first baseman was given the final two days off in the Twins series, and also has Monday’s off day. Konerko’s right-handed bat will be needed against the tough Oakland left-handers. Magglio Ordonez reached base for the 23rd consecutive game with his fourth-inning double. Carlos Lee is now hitting .345 (20-for-58) with 18 RBIs over his last 15 games. Brian Daubach got his second straight start at first base, giving Paul Konerko three consecutive days off, including Monday. White Sox manager Jerry Manuel said Konerko will play all three games against Oakland, with lefties Barry Zito, Mark Mulder and John Halama starting. Damaso Marte picked up his first save of the season. The left-hander worked two hitless innings, striking out two, giving the White Sox 10 strikeouts for the day. Jose Valentin hit his third career home run off Rick Reed. Sunday’s game, lasting just two hours, was the fastest for the White Sox since a two-hour game against the Cubs on June 18, 1997.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, lets hope PK brings it.

I'm looking for a low scoring affair again tomorrow though... so that means the score will be 13-10.

Well I'm hopeing for 1-0 Sox victories for the next two days. I have Colon and Zito in one fantasy leauge and MB and Mulder in another.

So you are saying you want our offense to struggle heavily.    People, please sacrifice your fantasy league hopes for the better of the ballclub. We had 3 hits yeasterday, and then you want us to only score one run in the next two games.  SHAME ON YOU!

if we can post back to back shut outs then one run both days is fine with me..just win baby..especially the one run games..those are character builders and prepare you for the playoffs..

So you are saying you want our offense to struggle heavily.    People, please sacrifice your fantasy league hopes for the better of the ballclub. We had 3 hits yeasterday, and then you want us to only score one run in the next two games.  SHAME ON YOU!

In all seriousness as long as the Sox win and play well Fantasy teams be damned.

Zito, Mulder and Halama... i was checking the stats and i saw that BDaubach has a great BA% against Halama (4-9, 2 2B, 3 RBI), isn't the same for Konerko (2-15, 1 2B, 2 RBI), i think that Daubach should play in the last game... also Bartolo hasn't pitched very well against the A's but the last time was in 2000, so i think that his stuff has changed ... Buehrle is a luck man for this series because Jermaine Dye is on the DL and Dye is 5-18, .278%, .358% OBP and 2 HR, 6 RBI against Buehrle... GO SOX!!! :headbang

Zito, Mulder and Halama... i was checking the stats and i saw that BDaubach has a great BA% against Halama (4-9, 2 2B, 3 RBI), isn't the same for Konerko (2-15, 1 2B, 2 RBI), i think that Daubach should play in the last game... also Bartolo hasn't pitched very well against the A's but the last time was in 2000, so i think that his stuff has changed ... Buehrle is a luck man for this series because Jermaine Dye is on the DL and Dye is 5-18, .278%, .358% OBP and 2 HR, 6 RBI against Buehrle... GO SOX!!!  :headbang

I dont know if you read it or not, but JM said that PK was gonna play every game of the series.