Freddy

rangercal

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:53 AM)
Emil Brown is the closest thing they have to an all-star. I know, it's pathetic.

i know i'm getting off topic, but with the all-star GAME allegedly meaning something these days, every team shouldn't get an all-star

Edited by jerseysox

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 11:54 PM)
i know i'm getting off topic, but with the all-star GAME allegedly meaning something these days, every team shouldn't get an all-star

Continuing that thought, if it does mean something the fans shouldn't vote either, you can't have it both ways. You can't have some idiot fans who don't know what the hell they're doing potentially effecting the world series.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 05:03 AM)
Detroit could send White, Guillen, Young, or Bonderman (listed in order I'd take them)

Cleveland will probably send Hafner, but could also send Cliff Lee (#s are close to Garcia's, but slightly worse)

Tampa Bay should send Cantu

Kansas City doesn't deserve an all-star, but the closest thing they have is Emil Brown.

Brandon Inge is Detroit's most likely all star, IMO. Jeremy Bonderman's ERA is too hig, and his WHIP is in the 1.30 range.

Kansas City should send Mike Sweeney, despite his limited # of ABs. Mike MacDougal has converted in 7 straight save opportunities since May 19, so perhaps he's a candidate. It's not that far-fetched.

Grady Sizemore is the obvious choice in Cleveland.

The fact that we can make a legitimate argument for 3 guys from our starting staff is amazing in itself. I don't think he'll make it. Like somebody mentioned, you're not gonna have 3 starting pitchers from one team make it. Not unless they play in NY, Boston, or that other s***ty team in Chicago.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 06:10 AM)
The fact that we can make a legitimate argument for 3 guys from our starting staff is amazing in itself. 

No question about it.

Top 15 WHIP Rankings through June 27 with a minimum of 65 IP:

1. Pedro Martinez 0.80 WHIP

2. Roy Halladay 0.94 WHIP

3. Roger Clemens 0.95 WHIP

4. Jake Peavy 0.95 WHIP

5. Mark Prior 0.95 WHIP *64.1 IP

6. Johan Santana 0.96 WHIP

7. Mark Buehrle 1.03 WHIP

8. Jon Garland 1.06 WHIP

9. Roy Oswalt 1.08 WHIP

10. Dontrelle Willis 1.10 WHIP

11. Cris Carpenter 1.12 WHIP

12. Matt Morris 1.14 WHIP

13. Andy Pettite 1.14 WHIP

14. Freddy Garcia 1.16 WHIP

15. Chris Young 1.16 WHIP

That is f***ing beautiful. Garcia's WHIP ratio is going down after today's performance as well with 5 hits and 1 walk allowed in 9 innings.

Edited by hammerhead johnson

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
No question about it.

Top 15 WHIP Rankings through June 27 with a minimum of 65 IP:

1. Pedro Martinez 0.80 WHIP

2. Roy Halladay 0.94 WHIP

3. Roger Clemens 0.95 WHIP

4. Jake Peavy 0.95 WHIP

5. Mark Prior 0.95 WHIP *64.1 IP

6. Johan Santana 0.96 WHIP

7. Mark Buehrle 1.03 WHIP

8. Jon Garland 1.06 WHIP

9. Roy Oswalt 1.08 WHIP

10. Dontrelle Willis 1.10 WHIP

11. Cris Carpenter 1.12 WHIP

12. Matt Morris 1.14 WHIP

13. Andy Pettite 1.14 WHIP

14. Freddy Garcia 1.16 WHIP

15. Chris Young 1.16 WHIP

That is f***ing beautiful.  Garcia's WHIP ratio is going up after today's performance as well with 5 hits and 1 walk allowed in 9 innings.

the important thing is they are 3, 4, and 5 in the american league. that's just sick.

and you meant his whip is going down after today, right?

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 07:20 AM)
DET could send Pudge, Inge, or even Monroe... how about magglio? hehe

Yeah, it'll probably be Pudge, despite his all-around weak offensive numbers outside of batting average (.295). He has an OBP of .307, which is like damn near 80 points less than what it was last year. Also, he's nowhere near what he once was on D, but he's still damn good (actually a lot better than last year with the weight loss, he has conceded as much).

I said Inge is the most likely earlier in this thread, but that's not accurate. I must have had a brain cramp. :chair

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
Damn good all-around ball player.

What about Coco Crispies? And not just because he is crazy-good against us. He is the man. He made the greatest catch I have ever seen in person in a game against them last year. I was in shock. Robbed Frank of a double.

QUOTE(mrzo2733 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 03:00 AM)
What about Coco Crispies? And not just because he is crazy-good against us. He is the man. He made the greatest catch I have ever seen in person in a game against them last year. I was in shock. Robbed Frank of a double.

Hafner has much better numbers than Coco and Sizemore for that matter.

Doesn't mean Covellie (SP?) isn't a good player, which he is, it just seems all of his and Belliard's HRs and RBIs come against the Sox.

I guarantee someone with worse numbers than Garcia makes it.

The sad thing is we dont get a chance to vote for the pitchers as well. Id be cool if we could atleast vite the starting pitchers in and the the manager can select the reserves.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

According to Sporsline.com's Starting pitcher rankings Garcia is the 7th best AL starter behind (in order) Halladay, Buehrle, Garland, Colon, Rogers, Clement.  There is no doubt Freddy, Mark and Jon should be in the all-star game.

Yep, all 3 should be in. But will they? Who knows? :huh

A.L. ERA Leaders:

1. Roy Halladay (2.40)

2. Mark Buehrle (2.42)

3. Kenny Rogers (2.46)

4. Bartolo Colon (3.02)

5. Jarrod Washburn (3.21)

6. Jon Garland (3.25)

7. Freddy Garcia (3.29)

8. Matt Clement (3.33)

8. Chris Young (3.33)

10. Jason Johnson (3.39)

Damn, imagine if Clement would have signed here. Our rotation would be sicker than it already is.