Joe Fucking Borchard!

Cali

Joe was 3-4 witha Homer and 3 RBI's tonight for Charlotte :headbang :headbang

To Quote those Bo Jackson/Denis Leary commercial

"I think you hear me knocking, and I think I'm coming in"

Watch out Aaron...

Guest hotsoxchick1

geez guys i hate to break the bad news to ya but.. joey is not coming up till HE thinks hes ready to... ask kw he will tell ya he doesnt want to rush the boy................

Anyone know how Joe did against Butter last night?

The White Sox beat Durham yesterday 3-2 in extras. Parque pitched very well last night with the no decision going 7 IP and allowing only 1 earned run. Joe Borchard went 0-4 while Miles went 2-4 with a donger, Brumbaugh also went 2-4. Willie Harris had a pinch hit solo homerun which I believe was the game winner. Porzio pitched 7 innings of shut out ball while Diaz pitched 2 flawless for the win. Munoz and Yofu didn't fair too well giving up a combined 2 earned in 1 inning pitched.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/score...x_AAAintl.shtml

:canada

The White Sox beat Durham yesterday 3-2 in extras.  Parque pitched very well last night with the no decision going 7 IP and allowing only 1 earned run.  Joe Borchard went 0-4 while Miles went 2-4 with a donger, Brumbaugh also went 2-4.  Willie Harris had a pinch hit solo homerun which I believe was the game winner.  Porzio pitched 7 innings of shut out ball while Diaz pitched 2 flawless for the win.  Munoz and Yofu didn't fair too well giving up a combined 2 earned in 1 inning pitched.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/score...x_AAAintl.shtml

:canada

Munoz sounds like he is still getting hit pretty hard. Is he OK? Is he tired from pitching so much last year? Or did everyone finally figure him out?

What's wrong with "rushing" somebody?

Who's to say he'd be "rushed"?

Was Pujols "rushed"?

If so, I'm all for rushing Borchard. Get him up here now.

Right. He's not a green 20 year old kid. It's time to give him his opportunity like Crede finally got his.

Was Pujols "rushed"?

Right. He's not a green 20 year old kid. It's time to give him his opportunity like Crede finally got his.

Using Crede as an example of your point is a bad idea. He was at the minors much longer than anyone wanted to him to be down there. They waited until he was clearly ready, instead of rushing him.

Was Pujols "rushed"?

Using Crede as an example of your point is a bad idea. He was at the minors much longer than anyone wanted to him to be down there. They waited until he was clearly ready, instead of rushing him.

OK maybe two slaps on the wrist for me. Not a perfect analogy. I keep hearing the "not ready" tag on Borchard. Correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't he 24? He has a ton of raw talent. I know he strikes out a lot. We have struggled in CF. I agree with BMR, the up the middle positions are very important. At least I think so. Rowand to me is a 4th OFer. Rios is not the answer. It's wide open for Joe. I hope he gets a shot and I hope he does it. That's all I'm saying.

Was Pujols "rushed"?

OK maybe two slaps on the wrist for me. Not a perfect analogy. I keep hearing the "not ready" tag on Borchard. Correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't he 24? He has a ton of raw talent. I know he strikes out a lot. We have struggled in CF. I agree with BMR, the up the middle positions are very important. At least I think so. Rowand to me is a 4th OFer. Rios is not the answer. It's wide open for Joe. I hope he gets a shot and I hope he does it. That's all I'm saying.

Joe is a little different than your average minor leaguer also, because of his history. Most kids grow up playing baseball year round, or at least as the great majority of their time. Joe was a football player first, up until the day we signed him. He never had dedicated himself to baseball full time until we signed him. So his learning curve is much longer than your typical college hitter. It is a tribute to his work ethic that he has been able to move through the minors at the breakneck pace that he has.