GAME THREAD 7-3-2005 SOX vs A's

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
He doesn't play a lot versus lefties.

However, I don't mind because I'd love to have him fresh and still running down the stretch.

That's true, but he's really gotten a lot of days off. I can't argue with keeping him fresh, though.

I still believe that Iguchi should be leading off on days that Pods is off.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
Against a pitcher like Zito where you can steal at will against them, Pods needs to be in the order.  I agree with the person who doesn't like seeing him in the platoon role like he is right now.

With Zito on the mound, I think it's a good plan to have Dye, Rowand, and Everett all hitting...Zito the lefty, all 3 of those guys bat right handed, Dye and Everett have been hot lately, Everett has been nothing short of great batting RH.

There's no reason not to make sure guys have an enormous amount of rest before we hit the stretch run. One of the reasons most of our guys are healthy now is that they've gotten enough rest.

If you play Ozuna, he should be a 9 hitter only. Against lhp, if you don't play Pods, you're much better off having Rowand lead-off, and then have Iguchi bat 2nd. It's ok though, that no-call on Widger was the worst umpire missed call I've seen all year.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
Buehrle's throwing way too many balls today.  I won't be surprised if that starts to hurt him a lot.

Widger with our first hit, but Crede and Ozuna looked awful and leave him there.  Seriously, Ozuna is not a leadoff hitter.

He hasn't been very sharp, yet he only has 30 pitches. He should be fine.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
Pods didn't look much better last night against Sarloos.

I just don't like seeing Pods be mostly used as a platoon player. I don't think that's what KW envisoned when we traded for him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
I just don't like seeing Pods be mostly used as a platoon player.  I don't think that's what KW envisoned when we traded for him.

He has the 4th most AB's on the team and has appeared in 68 games. (A few of which he was hurt in.)

I wouldn't call that a platoon player.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
He has the 4th most AB's on the team and has appeared in 68 games.

I wouldn't call that a platoon player.

Lately, almost every game in which we've played a lefty, he has been on the bench.

9 Pitches for Buehrle that inning, and the hit by Kendall was a bloop on an inside pitch that completely sawed him off. Double play ending the inning...yeah, something tells me MB's all right, we just need to put a couple crooked numbers on the board.