Home Run Derby Thread.

rangercal

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
Random thoughts, a lot of this thing is endurance, they take a lot of swings, Abreu might run out of gas, 1st round doesn't mean s***.

Abrue looks like Sammy, puffy steroid face and all.

Abreu went first in the first round, so he does get the longest rest between rounds, correct?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
Crap.  Way to go, Teixeira...now Pudge gets to move on to the next round.  I hate that guy.

I'll admit I only have the ESPN.com live thingy on my computer so I can't tell if something screwed up, but don't both Ortiz and Jones still have the chance to pass Pudge?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
I'll admit I only have the ESPN.com live thingy on my computer so I can't tell if something screwed up, but don't both Ortiz and Jones still have the chance to pass Pudge?

Oh, good call. I keep forgetting about Jones. I've honestly forgotten he's in the thing about 10 times. Going through the countries in my head, always forgetting Curacao.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
Oh, good call.  I keep forgetting about Jones.  I've honestly forgotten he's in the thing about 10 times.  Going through the countries in my head, always forgetting Curacao.

The nation of Curacao will never forgive this insult! Where is Curacao again?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
The nation of Curacao will never forgive this insult!  Where is Curacao again?

If you're honestly asking, I think it's near Venezuala. I'm really not sure, though, and I'm pretty sure you were just kidding. So I'll just shut up now.

You know...for a while I thought there could never be a worse internet broadcast program than MLB's usual gameday...in terms of freezing, etc.

But this ESPN home run tracker is just absolutely awful. I've never seen anything like it. It actually will add outs and then subtract them as it refreshes. It's just insane.