Home Run Derby Thread.

rangercal

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
If Ichiro is in it, he could easily win.

That dude has a TON of BP pop.

You will s*** yourself.

Hell, just get to any Mariner's game early. See who hits the most bombs in BP. 3 of the 4 times I've seen them take BP Ichiro has won the BP Homerun Derby.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 07:53 AM)
Which IMO Konerko should be representing. He got robbed off of the HR Derby back in 02 by Jason Giambi.  :puke

Hey I never thought of that, in a special ceremony Konerko should be awarded the '02 Derby champ because of Giambi's admitted steroid use!

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 03:39 AM)
Hey I never thought of that, in a special ceremony Konerko should be awarded the '02 Derby champ because of Giambi's admitted steroid use!

Yeah, and Frank should be awarded the 2000 MVP

The CENTURY 21 Home Run Derby (ESPN and ESPN Radio, Monday, July 11, 8 p.m. ET) will have an international flavor this year.

Hoping to kick off the countdown to next year's World Baseball Classic, the derby will feature players from different nations represented throughout Major League Baseball. Six out of eight participants have confirmed their spots, according to MLB.com.

According to the Web site Tuesday, the roster includes: Atlanta slugger and home run leader Andruw Jones, Philadelphia's Bobby Abreu, Milwaukee's Carlos Lee, Pittsburgh's Jason Bay, Detroit's Ivan Rodriguez and Boston's David Ortiz.

The Dominican Republic will be represented by Ortiz; Venezuela by Abreu, Puerto Rico by Rodriguez; Curacao by Jones; Panama by Lee; and Canada by Bay.

The only two countries not represented yet are the United States and Japan.

One player who won't represent the United States will be Chicago Cubs first baseman Derrek Lee, who declined an invitation because of a sore shoulder, MLB.com reported.

Seems to me that Konerko willl most likely represent the US. I think thats a really cool idea for the Home Run Derby. Anyone else have any opinions or think who else may be in the Derby?