Not a trade thread, a trade POLL

drowninginflame

IF you were Kenny Williams right now...  

69 members have voted

1. 1. IF you were Kenny Williams right now...

• We need someone with run producing ability
    • Release Timo Perez
    • Bullpen help is mandatory for a playoff run
    • We do nothing, we are the best team in baseball
    • We go and get the best starting pitcher we can

LOL! Absolutely hilarious... I think i'll wait to vote after the Polls fixed...

However KW has to be really careful. This teams success has everything to do with Chemistry. Adding some washout steriod junkie like schmidt or guy like Vizquel who'd we be trapped with for 2 more years isn't going to help us. We need someone who's not too old and washed up, but experienced enough that they can add to the team. Not to mention play a position we actually need help with, which would be 3B, SP, or RP.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
LOL! Absolutely hilarious... I think i'll wait to vote after the Polls fixed...

However KW has to be really careful. This teams success has everything to do with Chemistry. Adding some washout steriod junkie like schmidt or guy like Vizquel who'd we be trapped with for 2 more years isn't going to help us. We need someone who's not too old and washed up, but experienced enough that they can add to the team. Not to mention play a position we actually need help with, which would be 3B, SP, or RP.

Dude, you lost me from the beginning in that other thread when you said that Jason Schmidt was never an ace and that he somehow managed to have 4 fluke years. One year is a fluke, 4 is not. The guy was flat out dominating. You made some good points though about him after that. If he really didn't throw as hard when he was with other teams ( Pittsburgh? I think I remember him there), then started throwing faster when he got to Balcoland, that's a little suspicious. He does have a stock frame too.

I think pitching is all we need at this point. Also, I don't think you need to worry as much about affecting chemistry when getting pitching. Hell, the guy can sit in a corner by himself all the time and it really doesn't matter as long as he goes out and does his thing when needed. Third base would be a different story though.

QUOTE(mrzo2733 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)
Dude, you lost me from the beginning in that other thread when you said that Jason Schmidt was never an ace and that he somehow managed to have 4 fluke years. One year is a fluke, 4 is not. The guy was flat out dominating. You made some good points though about him after that. If he really didn't throw as hard when he was with other teams ( Pittsburgh? I think I remember him there), then started throwing faster when he got to Balcoland, that's a little suspicious. He does have a stock frame too.

I think pitching is all we need at this point. Also, I don't think you need to worry as much about affecting chemistry when getting pitching. Hell, the guy can sit in a corner by himself all the time and it really doesn't matter as long as he goes out and does his thing when needed. Third base would be a different story though.

I believe he was trying to subtly skirt around the possibility of Schmidt using modern chemistry to enhance his performance over those 4 years, which for some reason, he cannot do now.